Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Anyone have any N95 Masks ? Please donate them
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
If anyone has any N95 masks please donate them to your local hospital. These are the same masks many of us use for breathing protection while working on our cars.
Although the news is filled with how many are getting donated by Lowes, Apple, etc. , the realility is they are needed now.

My daughter is a Covid -19 nurse in Wisconsin and her hospital is out of masks.
If you have any unused masks.

Please do not make any political comments here. Health care workers deserve all the help we can provide.

Thank you
Grelber
I was able to snag 6 3-packs of N-95's. They are now at the NICU dept. at Baylor Hospital in McKinney.
mepstein
A big box of PPE's was donated to our school. We are closed. I'm taking it over to the hospital today.
Andyrew
The situation is so dire that many hospitals are putting resources towards building their own masks... Big hospitals...

BPic
From what I understand they can also use P-95 masks and cartridges. The P's also filter out oil which is why the painters use them.
porschetub
QUOTE(BPic @ Mar 26 2020, 03:52 AM) *

From what I understand they can also use P-95 masks and cartridges. The P's also filter out oil which is why the painters use them.

We are basically out of masks and gloves from retail outlets ,even tried the local autoparts outlet thinking I could get rubber shop gloves and they had sold out.
Kinda freaked out as I need to get food from a supermarket sooner than later.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 24 2020, 08:54 PM) *

If anyone has any N95 masks please donate them to your local hospital. These are the same masks many of us use for breathing protection while working on our cars.
Although the news is filled with how many are getting donated by Lowes, Apple, etc. , the realility is they are needed now.

My daughter is a Covid -19 nurse in Wisconsin and her hospital is out of masks.
If you have any unused masks.

Please do not make any political comments here. Health care workers deserve all the help we can provide.

Thank you

Thanks for the reminder, Bruce.

Your post caused me to go look at how many masks I bought when we had all of the wildfires last year, and what they were. Just took two boxes of 15 N95 masks to my local Kaiser, and the security guy came out the door looking stern and then melted when he saw the boxes.

We don't need N95s anywhere near as much as those on the front line of this do, and things are only going to get worse for them in the next couple of weeks. Please check your garage stash—it's something car nuts can do in the midst of this; we can always replace them later. I'm going to do some more digging in the garage tonight to see if I've got more N95s.
mepstein
QUOTE(porschetub @ Mar 25 2020, 03:55 PM) *

QUOTE(BPic @ Mar 26 2020, 03:52 AM) *

We are basically out of masks and gloves from retail outlets ,even tried the local autoparts outlet thinking I could get rubber shop gloves and they had sold out.
Kinda freaked out as I need to get food from a supermarket sooner than later.

It's really better just to wash your hands often and/or hand sanitizer, than gloving up for the supermarket.
gandalf_025
I walked into a Harbor Freight yesterday
and they had none on the shelves..
Sign said they donated all they had to
Area Hospitals...
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Mar 25 2020, 01:03 PM) *

Area Hospitals...

Harbor Freight just went up about ten notches in my book.
stevegm
We have our seamstresses making masks. But they are just cloth. And we haven’t reached a point where we can make them very quickly.
jd74914
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Mar 25 2020, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Mar 25 2020, 01:03 PM) *

Area Hospitals...

Harbor Freight just went up about ten notches in my book.

agree.gif I read a news article that said HF corporate/locals donated all of their mask and gloves to hospitals and were encouraging other supply corporations to do the same.
Coondog
Just donated a box of N95s, tyvek suits and nitrile gloves for nurses who work at a local Home Heath Care Agency.
bdstone914
Thank you to all who have donated. What really makes this country great is the people who pitch in when times are tough.
90quattrocoupe
I wish I had some to donate. I only had 8 and gave them to a my son's friend who is a nurse.
I did hear that 3M is producing 35 million a day, just in the US. They have really stepped up.

(Sorry, I got this wrong. 100 million a month in the world. They have doubled production in the US and started to ramp up on Jan. 21. They saw it coming)

Greg W.
bdstone914
QUOTE(90quattrocoupe @ Mar 26 2020, 05:30 PM) *

I wish I had some to donate. I only had 8 and gave them to a my son's friend who is a nurse.
I did hear that 3M is producing 35 million a day, just in the US. They have really stepped up.

Greg W.

Thanks for donating what you had. Spoke to my daughter today and they are asking the nurses at her hospital to take home contaminated masks and bake them to sterilize them.
good to hear 3M is stepping up.
bdstone914
@stevegm
date='Mar 25 2020, 02:47 PM' post='2797523']
We have our seamstresses making masks. But they are just cloth. And we haven’t reached a point where we can make them very quickly.
[/quote]

I saw a posted video on Facebook from a nurse showing how to make them from furnace air filters. The N95 mask is able to filter out particles as small as 1.3 microns which is the size of the virus. Certain furnace filters meet that criterion.

Thanks for your efforts.
RickS
Gave mine to our regional hospital along with a box of procedure masks. I would urge everyone to do the same.
914four
There is a real need for the N95 masks. One hospital is using an old operating room with three clothes lines strung up for hanging N95 masks so they can be treated with a UV light system. This allows the masks to be re-used. It's gotten that bad. Don't ask me how I know...
lostreasure
Speaking with a tenant that is a nurse i asked her if she needed some masks- when i handed her a box of 3M 95's she knew exactly what they were and was so excited as a child would be on xmas day- Just the smile on her face was memorable- PLEASE DONATE!!!
90quattrocoupe
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 26 2020, 08:54 PM) *

Spoke to my daughter today and they are asking the nurses at her hospital to take home contaminated masks and bake them to sterilize them.
good to hear 3M is stepping up.

This is a good idea. Supposedly, the virus is killed at 140 degrees F. The two I kept, I put in my toaster oven, along with the mail and any money. Can't hurt, especially for us over 65.

Greg W.
PanelBilly
My son in law who is an ER nurse in Anchorage said they are issue 1 mask each day. He’s wearing handmade cloth masks over the issues one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.