Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My side window removal experience
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thunderchief
Slowly getting my car ready for paint and I decided to tackle the side windows. I searched for a good tutorial but couldn't really find one so I decided to make one. This way I won't forget the steps when I put them back in...hopefully.

Step one: after removing the door panel, remove the bolt above the window crank.

Click to view attachment

Step two: remove nut at the bottom of the door

Click to view attachment

Step three: once the nut is off from step two, use a flat blade screwdriver to unscrew that bolt. First time I've seen a multi use bolt like this before.

Step four: pull up on triangle glass and frame and remove.

Step five: roll window up until you see the only bolt that can be removed. Once that is out then you can tilt the glass forward and slide it off of the track.

The first time it took about 20 minutes to figure it out. Second time took less than ten. Not too hard at all.

Hope this helps some people.
dt4
QUOTE(Thunderchief @ Mar 25 2020, 05:43 AM) *

Slowly getting my car ready for paint and I decided to tackle the side windows. I searched for a good tutorial but couldn't really find one so I decided to make one. This way I won't forget the steps when I put them back in...hopefully.

Step one: after removing the door panel, remove the bolt above the window crank.

Click to view attachment

Step two: remove nut at the bottom of the door

Click to view attachment

Step three: once the nut is off from step two, use a flat blade screwdriver to unscrew that bolt. First time I've seen a multi use bolt like this before.

Step four: pull up on triangle glass and frame and remove.

Step five: roll window up until you see the only bolt that can be removed. Once that is out then you can tilt the glass forward and slide it off of the track.

The first time it took about 20 minutes to figure it out. Second time took less than ten. Not too hard at all.

Hope this helps some people.

thanks
I have book marked this as I have mine to put back in at some point and the car came with them removed so I don't have the removal experience
Thunderchief
Awesome dt4, hopefully this will help. The bolt above the window crank to remove is the higher on in the first pic btw
914_7T3
The below thread is worth referencing for the reinstall.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2489568
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.