Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Part Is This?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StarBear
Have been doing some deep Spring cleaning in the car and found this flap or cover, tucked behind the center console storage box ("third seat") and the back pad. It's about 5" x 7", stiff thick leatherette or thin plastic and has four holes in it (none of which match any screws in/under the console storage box.
I've not been able to find it listed/shown in any of the interior/body parts diagrams.
Anyone have any idea what it is and/or where it goes? As an original owner, I know it's not some PO leftover.
Thanks ever so much!
mepstein
looks homemade. It's not any 914 part that I've seen.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 25 2020, 06:43 AM) *

looks homemade. It's not any 914 part that I've seen.

me neither
StarBear
That makes three of us, and you two are among the best experts!
Very strange.....
johnhora
I've seen a few similar pieces before in the same area you mentioned....it's a thin plastic about the same thickness as the center cushion box/holder...the screws used were about the same size as the ones on the early seat belt holder at the rear of the seat back along the outside...
pete000
Not OEM IMHO...
lierofox
What about the center tunnel but up closer to the pedal board? That notch on the left seems like it'd match up with that area, custom job to try and cover up a gory clutch cable tube repair under the carpet? Nah that doesn't make any sense if you're the original owner...
mepstein
Did you ever have an aftermarket console in it. Like an Amco or something.
StarBear
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 25 2020, 03:07 PM) *

Did you ever have an aftermarket console in it. Like an Amco or something.

Nope; Appearance Group original equipment - 1974 1.8L.
The mystery continues....
rgalla9146
have AC ?
Mikey914
Got me confused24.gif
StarBear
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 25 2020, 03:32 PM) *

have AC ?

Nope. It sort of matches the other material. Will take out the backpad and see if any clues there. The way it was rolled up between the backpad and the console box I doubt it would have slipped off anything far away.
Don't remember doing any customization back there, but then at my age I sometimes have a hard time remembering what I had for dinner last night! confused24.gif
dt4
I think I have a piece like that on my 75 1.8 back pad but I cant check as its at my parents garage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.