Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Hub confusion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
abnrdo
Do I want to buy 911SC hubs with a spacer or hubs without???

davep
That "spacer" is the inner race of the old bearing. You do not want that!
914werke
what spacer are you referring to?
The pic you provided has drilled hubs that someone has neglected to remove .5 of the split bearing that is still stuck on the shafts ?
mepstein
QUOTE(davep @ Mar 26 2020, 01:06 PM) *

That "spacer" is the inner race of the old bearing. You do not want that!

You almost always have to remove that old inner race. Just like when you redo 914 hubs. SC and later hubs will be hub centric and need a 5mm spacer behind the bearing. Early rear hubs are lug centric and do not need the 5mm spacer.
Mueller
Those races should be removed before sale IMHO.
mepstein
It’s the same with front hubs. I’ve had at least 10 sets and they always have the old races in them.
abnrdo
Thanks everyone, I guess I was confused. Looks like Patrick Motorsports has them for almost the same price as a good used pair.
mepstein
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Mar 26 2020, 01:50 PM) *

Thanks everyone, I guess I was confused. Looks like Patrick Motorsports has them for almost the same price as a good used pair.

?
914Sixer
If you run SC rear hubs you need the 5mm spacer they sell to put on the hub before you press in the hub. Recommend you run the 100mm SC stub axle. You can use 944 or VW Bus CV
Luke M
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 26 2020, 03:51 PM) *

If you run SC rear hubs you need the 5mm spacer they sell to put on the hub before you press in the hub. Recommend you run the 100mm SC stub axle. You can use 944 or VW Bus CV

This is the setup I'm going to run in my 914-6 when it's done.
I have the later 74-89 centric front and rear hubs w/PMS spacers ( my parts are from a 84 911 Carrera). Using modified 914 axles and new 944 100 mm 6 bolt cv joints, mid year 911 6 bolt trans output flanges and SC hub spindles. True 5 lug bolt in solution.
There's some good info in the classic section as well.
914Sixer
Luke's set up is what I am using on my conversion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.