Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my old screen name still works. related to suby 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
well guys I am still alive and kicking.

Sadly the 914 is in my garage un touched for 3 years. After the suby motor slipped the timing belt and bent a valve the car got parked, it spent a few years out side but is safe inside now.

Yes I have not posted in 16 years or so.

I am thinking about starting the resto, it has some rust but still not bad. Gonna need a new motor as the old one is still outside. But a motor is easy.

Yes I maybe back. WTF.gif
Mueller
Welcome back.

Did you have the radiator in the engine compartment?
scotty914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 26 2020, 09:13 PM) *

Welcome back.

Did you have the radiator in the engine compartment?

yup thats me, the first
76-914
By all means, get 'er running. You'll have lots of company 15 years later. Must have 25+ Suby conversions running about. beerchug.gif
lierofox
What kind of mad lad just haphazardly decides to shove a Subaru engine into a 914?!

...Oh right...
Cairo94507
Welcome back. Definitely start that project back up. Lots of 914 parts available now that weren't before, especially for conversions. beerchug.gif
scotty914
QUOTE(lierofox @ Mar 27 2020, 01:02 PM) *

What kind of mad lad just haphazardly decides to shove a Subaru engine into a 914?!

...Oh right...

Yes, seems that I started a wave of em. I also proved the radiator works in the engine bay.

When I redo it I want to go suby trans, so I have some catching up to do on what people have come up with. The biggest issue years ago the drive shafts, I hope that was figured out.
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty914 @ Mar 27 2020, 03:58 PM) *

...Oh right...

Yes, seems that I started a wave of em. I also proved the radiator works in the engine bay.

When I redo it I want to go suby trans, so I have some catching up to do on what people have come up with. The biggest issue years ago the drive shafts, I hope that was figured out.

Sway away can make them for you. one end fits the suby, the other fits Porsche.
911GT2
QUOTE(scotty914 @ Mar 27 2020, 11:58 AM) *

...Oh right...

Is there a build thread maybe?
scotty914
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 27 2020, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty914 @ Mar 27 2020, 11:58 AM) *

...Oh right...

Is there a build thread maybe?

There is a few pics around if they survived from 2005. Most of the thread back then was "it wont work" replies. Also need to remember in 2005 digital photos are not what they are now, phones did not normally have cameras.
914forme
lol-2.gif

Yep most of the thread was that will never work.

Welcome back, get back on it, MT5 is the way to go, and well, start a new thread.
TorontoDave
Yes, I saw maybe 4 or 5 photos from way back of your radiator setup. Was wondering if you have any more photos or details of your setup you could post? Also, after so much time has passed, do you have any observations about how this cooling setup performed for you. I'm not sure which engine you had but it looked like a N/A 4cys Subaru. Was this a 2.5L?

Thanks,

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.