Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repairing My Modified BMW Rear View Mirror
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
This is one of those things that bothered me; just not very much. Took a plague to motivate me to do this. mad.gif So the BMW mirror is an improvement especially if you like to see out the entire rear glass. I like mine but the pin that fit in the drivers side visor would come loose when I moved the visor and usually at a bad time. The psg side was fine and never come loose so maybe no one else has had this problem? confused24.gif I drilled out the other plastic pin and opened the hole enough to true it. Then I turned down a piece of aluminum, centered it, drilled/countersunk for rivet, set rivet. The visors won't fall off again. evilgrin.gif

76-914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment
Montreal914
Very nice, thank you for sharing! beerchug.gif

Another project! First need to find a mirror...
djway
I have a BMW mirror to modify and I like how you did this.
SO.O.C914er
I’m looking to get one of those. What year and model BMW is that off of.....thanks Paul
VaccaRabite
Mirror off a 1600/1800/2002 IIRC.

I have one in my 914 and it great, but you do need to modify the pins or they pull out.
Zach
SO.O.C914er
Thanks for that information Zach now I can search one out at pick-a-part. beerchug.gif cheers
914forme
Nice write up thanks Kent, @76-914

And I spy a tool I do not have, headbang.gif Them things are expensive, you know it can be TIG welded right confused24.gif
gereed75
So Kent, are you an airplane builder? Or do you just happen to have a hand rivet squeezer?
914forme
I can answer that before Kent, yes he built a plane. I know right, a man of many talents.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.