Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AFR Sensor Location....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeM
Hi all...
I'm still thinking I should be using an AFR gauge in my modified and carb'd 2.0 liter.
Any new thoughts or info regarding the location of the sensor?
I'm using stock heat exchangers and banana muffler. I have a Bursch type exhaust as well but prefer the stock system.
Also, is the PLX still the recommended system to use?
Thanks in advance...and stay safe everyone.
Mike
rjames
I've been happy with my PLX unit. I only bought it last year, but no problems so far. Install was easy and they supplied plenty of wiring to reach from muffler to the dash.
I bought the bluetooth unit tucked away behind the center console and am using their mobile app on my iPhone as a gauge.

Mark Henry
The absolute best would be to weld a tube between two of the runners just before the muffler flange, then weld a bung on top of the tube. Then you are running off of 2 cylinders which is enough for tuning.

Problem with running it in the muffler is it doesn't get hot enough and you won't get an accurate reading. I consistently see around a 100 degree difference between the exchanger/header and the muffler temps.
MikeM
Thanks Mark...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.