Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: torque wrenches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
Thinking it time to replace my click style torque wrench.
any recommendations? thinking of around $100-150 +/-
Joe Ricard
Personally I like the deflecting beam type. rugged and doesn't lock up or fail to some torque that you don't know about.
I can see the requird torque value coming up and just have a better feel for what is going on.
No need for re-calibrating either. just make sure the needle starts at zero.
bd1308
i agree almost, but you cant always see the guage...
balljoint
I have both types. I like the clicky kind best. You do need to make sure that you are backing off the torque setting after each use, in order to maintain the calibration. Is the one you have broken? Is it a good one (ie does it have a lifetime warranty?) maybe you can just trade it in for the newer model.

tat2dphreak
QUOTE (balljoint @ Jul 6 2005, 11:32 AM)
You do need to make sure that you are backing off the torque setting after each use, in order to maintain the calibration.

unsure.gif what do you mean?
bd1308
that probably means putting the setting back to Zero or whatever it starts out at.
balljoint
Yes, reset to zero. There is a spring mechanism in there that you want to relieve the tension on when not in use.

Just like you have an erection when you need one, not all the time when you are just walking from your car to the grocery store etc.. If it's not being used, ease off on the poor little fella. blink.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (balljoint @ Jul 6 2005, 09:27 AM)
Yes, reset to zero. There is a spring mechanism in there that you want to relieve the tension on when not in use.

Just like you have an erection when you need one, not all the time when you are just walking from your car to the grocery store etc.. If it's not being used, ease off on the poor little fella. blink.gif

erection lasting more than four hours require medical attention... By a red headed nurse cool_shades.gif
smooth_eddy
I have found with the click type that I tend to just blow past the setting not noticing the click. Have done this numerous times. E
bd1308
and with the guage type you'd just not notice it too.....?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.