Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've been absent for years
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MidshipMadness
It's been about 12 years since I have made a post on a 914 forum but since I have a bit of "Corona-induced" time on my hands I decided to play with my 76 2.0 that I bought 12 years ago. I removed the gas tank & cleaned it, replaced the fuel lines, filter and poured some fresh gas in and voila... it started right up after sleeping in the garage for 18 months.

I took it out for a short ride in the WI countryside and really enjoyed being in the 914 again!

Some of you older 914 freaks may remember me from the other obsolete 914 forum as the crazy SOB who was the first guy in the world to install an LS1 (later a 520hp LS6) into a 914. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

I'll be poking around here a little bit as I'm now officially back into playing with 914's. The current car as said earlier is a 76 with backdated early fiberglass bumpers (major weight loss) but needs to be freshened up inside & out. Click to view attachment

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself and say hi to a few folks who may recognize me. Rick Ollah… you out there somewhere? Lol
Gatornapper
WELCOME BACK BRO! Love that LS1 White one! Where did it go??????

Orange one is nice too..........hope to get my Mahle's on this spring.......waiting for new paint.......

3 of us members going for a drive this afternoon and Mike (914V8inVA) has a 400+ hp Chevy 350 in his.......Rick (Richb45) & I have stock 2.0's with carbs..........

Red, yellow - and bright green!

GN
mepstein
beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
welcome.png Or in this case, Welcome Back. Looking forward to seeing your '76 progress. beerchug.gif
MidshipMadness
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Mar 28 2020, 08:13 AM) *

WELCOME BACK BRO! Love that LS1 White one! Where did it go??????

Orange one is nice too..........hope to get my Mahle's on this spring.......waiting for new paint.......

3 of us members going for a drive this afternoon and Mike (914V8inVA) has a 400+ hp Chevy 350 in his.......Rick (Richb45) & I have stock 2.0's with carbs..........

Red, yellow - and bright green!

GN

The radical white one was sold to a guy in NJ. Rumor has it that he took it off the track at high speed and bent the snot out of it. Not sure what condition it's in currently.

Have an enjoyable drive today with your 914 posse!

And yes I'll keep ya'll updated on the 76. I have a real hankering to turn it into a 914/6 GT... and that will cost a few coins if I take that route.
stevegm
Welcome back!
914four
Was the white car at the Rocket City Ramble in 2008?

Click to view attachment
JOEPROPER
welcome.png Welcome back. I've only been her a few years and look forward to another radical teener! Look forward to seeing your '76.
Krieger
I remember that car. Welcome back!
poorsche914
Sure looks like THIS ONE piratenanner.gif

IPB Image

driving.gif
Root_Werks
Been a few of us gone for a while that are back. smile.gif
mb911
Welcome back.
injunmort
it is that car. I believe it is in the pacific north west. owner is a member here.
iamchappy
Oh no Mr. Bill...
ndfrigi
similar to this one too. from a member here and borrowed the pics from the other thread.

Welcome back sir to 914world!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

JeffBowlsby
Dan10101

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=331420&hl=
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(MidshipMadness @ Mar 28 2020, 06:00 AM) *

I'll be poking around here a little bit as I'm now officially back into playing with 914's. The current car as said earlier is a 76 with backdated early fiberglass bumpers (major weight loss) but needs to be freshened up inside & out. Click to view attachment

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself and say hi to a few folks who may recognize me. Rick Ollah… you out there somewhere? Lol

Welcome back, and nice '76! There's something about its look already that I dig. Maybe the combo of that color, those wheels, those bumpers, that ride height?

Love the GT cars, but have to say the narrow cars just get better and better looking to me. And this is a really nice one. wub.gif

pete
jim_hoyland
smile.gif Nice to hear from "missing" 914rs; good luck with that new project. Good news is there are more aftermarket parts available than there was 12 years ago.
MidshipMadness
QUOTE(914four @ Mar 28 2020, 09:11 AM) *

Was the white car at the Rocket City Ramble in 2008?

Click to view attachment

Yes, that is my old car. I sold it in 08 and the new owner felt as though it needed to stand out more (not sure why...lol) so he added the orange racing stripes and accents.
MidshipMadness
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Mar 28 2020, 12:47 PM) *

Oh no Mr. Bill...

Sup Chappy? long time no talk. Good to see you here!! I assume you still have your turbo beast.
iamchappy
QUOTE(MidshipMadness @ Mar 28 2020, 05:11 PM) *

Oh no Mr. Bill...

Sup Chappy? long time no talk. Good to see you here!! I assume you still have your turbo beast.

Yup, still here i see i still have a number in my phone for you. Car - engine out need to reassemble had a oil pump problem about 2 years ago still haven't pulled it together. Cleaning the engine parts is overwhelming takes way to much time compared to assembling it. We will have to get together after this Corona shit is over with.
MidshipMadness
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Mar 28 2020, 08:46 PM) *

QUOTE(MidshipMadness @ Mar 28 2020, 05:11 PM) *

Oh no Mr. Bill...

Yup, still here i see i still have a number in my phone for you. Car - engine out need to reassemble had a oil pump problem about 2 years ago still haven't pulled it together. Cleaning the engine parts is overwhelming takes way to much time compared to assembling it. We will have to get together after this Corona shit is over with.

That would be great! Text me or PM me with your number. I looked but it didn't survive the last 6 cell phone upgrades. It would be fun to bop out to MTKA again and see your car and shoot the shit. I have fond memories standing in your garage watching your project progress... and sneaking peeks at all your 914 parts hidden away in various boxes... lol beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.