Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing Drip Tray from Engine Lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I have the tray installed in my car and I think it would be more beneficial to take the tray off and use the lid for ventiliation and to provide some cooling properties while at idle...
bondo
I tried that once.. great when it's not raining... when it is raining, it runs funny. Oh, and take off your firewall insulation water trap and make sure your hell hole drains are clear. And vacuum out the crud once a week.
Joe Ricard
Britt alfred.gif

You need the tray. no if's and's or butts. Specially if you are running Carbs.

Water will follow the course it most wants to conquer. Your engine internals specifically.

Cooling wise it won't help a damn bit with any stock motor. Even my hopped up 2.0L I cruise @ 85 90 MPH air temp out side is usually mid 90 degrees with serious humidity. Never have a over heating problem. Car runs cool @ idle too. well except in the passenger compartment. rolleyes.gif

If your motor runs hot thee is another reason. fit it 1st. single carb maybe? Not running stock FI ? probably
bd1308
doesnt run hot, it was for simple information.....

smile.gif

Britt, now owning a purring 914
Joe Ricard
Well hope it all makes sense then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.