Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Porsche Turbo Tie Rods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
soloracer
Bought these from Pelican Parts. They are new. Asking $150 USD
Tdskip
Sierra Madre sells a brand new kit including everything for $112, although to be fair that doesn’t include tax and shipping.
mepstein
In all fairness to the seller. SMC sells a URO brand kit while he may have the Lemforder brand which sell for $175-225.
Nacho
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 30 2020, 04:50 PM) *

In all fairness to the seller. SMC sells a URO brand kit while he may have the Lemforder brand which sell for $175-225.

agree.gif
rhodyguy
Those don't have to depend on a nyloc nut in a pretty important connection point. Cotter key version.
aharder
Sent you a PM
Literati914
I'd rather have Lemforder too, (good buy) .. but just wanted to remark on the Uro using a nylon nut comment - I received a Uro turbo TR kit last week and it came with castle nuts and a hole for cotter pins. Can add a pic with packaging if anyone's interested.
Tdskip
Thanks for the distinction, did not intend to be unfair in my comment.
bdstone914
soloracer date='Mar 30 2020, 01:42 PM' post='2799216']
[/quote]

There should be a pair of thick washers with the kit. Are they Uro, Lemforder or genuine Porsche?
soloracer
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Mar 30 2020, 07:18 PM' post='2799329']
soloracer date='Mar 30 2020, 01:42 PM' post='2799216']
[/quote]

There should be a pair of thick washers with the kit. Are they Uro, Lemforder or genuine Porsche?
[/quote]

I assume they are Lemforder as that is what Pelican sells. But I bought them years ago and will have to find my paperwork to prove it. Looking at them I do not see any markings on them to tell what make they are. They come with two thick washers/spacers in a sealed plastic bag that I forgot to photograph. The crown nuts are metal not nylon. If anyone can tell me where I would find a number or manufacturer mark on them I will confirm.
bdstone914
@soloracer

I assume they are Lemforder as that is what Pelican sells. But I bought them years ago and will have to find my paperwork to prove it. Looking at them I do not see any markings on them to tell what make they are. They come with two thick washers/spacers in a sealed plastic bag that I forgot to photograph. The crown nuts are metal not nylon. If anyone can tell me where I would find a number or manufacturer mark on them I will confirm.
[/quote]

You can call Pelican any any customer service rep or sales person can look up your order history history and identify the brand you bought. They have carried both. You can do it yourself too by going to this link and entering your information.
https://www.pelicanparts.com/support/TrackOrder.htm

You need to go through the orders to find that purchase.

Current Lemforder tie rods use Nyloc nuts. Older ones used castle nuts. There is no issue with either. Nyloc should not be reused or the locking strength is greatly reduced.
Good luck with the sale.

soloracer
Did some digging. Went though 12 years of emails and found nothing. Tried the Pelican system but could not get it to pull up anything - even other Pelican orders that I could find in my emails. So went through my old message here in 914World and found a message back in 2006 from someone asking me about tie rods. Did a search on my posts and found this: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=tie+rods

I believe they are Lemforder but understand if you don't. So with that in mind I will let them go for $125. I always try to be as honest as possible and want whoever gets them to be pleased with their purchase.
frostyf
PM'd you.
soloracer
Sold!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.