A few things not done yet:

Engine fitting
Transmission assembly
Soda Blasting
Hell hole
Flares
Paint
Everything else

Of course I'd like to get it done by the WCC06, which means it'd have to be done and sorted by this time next year. Is there hope?
TonyAKAVW
I don't think you are behind. I've had my roller for a year and a half now and I'm fairly close to you in terms of progress, though I have more body work I believe. But I'm also not going to do all of that until I have the car running and moving.

So if you get that body work done soon you should be set. You've been talking about the soda blasting for months...

-Tony
jr91472
nnnnnaaaaaa.......

the real question(s) is (are):

-has your drinking increased?
-how many late nites, laying in bed thinking about your car?
-how many times have you visited your garage between 1 and 4 am?
-how many hours at work spent on this site?

just enjoy the sickness driving.gif
bondo
Everyone loves pics!

Here's the car:

McMark
You can definitely do it. But you've got to make a serious commitment if you're gonna make it. You have about 6 months to get the car running. You need time to tune and to make sure you're comfortable driving it long distances. I wouldn't cut it shorter than that. YMMV.
bondo
Here's the engine:

(reworked accessories and intake)

jr91472
very cool...are you going to keep it green? I always liked green
bondo
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Jul 6 2005, 11:45 AM)
very cool...are you going to keep it green? I always liked green

At first I hated the green.. it grew on me, but not as much as adriatic blue has, so I think that's what I'm going to do. It's such an awesome color, and you rarely see cars that bright of a blue.
Joe Bob
Have you sat on a milk crate and gone Vrrroooom, vrrrrroooom, cough, cough...yet?
bondo
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 6 2005, 11:55 AM)
Have you sat on a milk crate and gone Vrrroooom, vrrrrroooom, cough, cough...yet?

Cough cough? I had to do that at the doctor once. smile.gif

No, but I have tossed in the seat I'm going to use and sat in it. driving.gif
Mueller
strange collection of ball peen hammers wacko.gif biggrin.gif
bondo
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 6 2005, 11:58 AM)
strange collection of ball peen hammers wacko.gif biggrin.gif

Hehe, that was a super cheap set from Harbor Freight.. I think it was $7 for a 5 piece set. They come in handy. I thought you would have mentioned the giant allen wrench. MORE TORQUE! ARR-ARR-ARR! biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 6 2005, 12:55 PM)

Betty keeps catching me sitting in my car making vroom vroom noises and singing "Red Barchetta"...... rolleyes.gif

BTW... It looks like you have a bit of a front end alignment problem. chairfall.gif

I hope you make your goal. I planned on 1 to 2 years to get mine finished. I am into year 5 now. But it WILL be running for the MUSR. boldblue.gif
markb
I'm in year 5 and counting. ohmy.gif
tat2dphreak
been 2 years for me... and with luck, mine will be at MUSR too... it will still need a paint job, but that will have to wait 1-2 years until I save the dough
redshift
Royce, if you take a year off, you are still ahead of me..

smile.gif

M
bd1308
miles, I'm ahead of you...
ClayPerrine
Dirk Wright's Disease is contagious. You can catch it over your computer from hanging out here.

Symptoms

You fix one thing on your 914 and you get depressed because now the part next to it looks shabby and old.

You drool over pictures of other people's 914s

You wake up in the middle of the night thinking "I need to do X to my 914".

Your home budget has a monthly allowance for 914 parts.

You have a box of receipts from various 914 parts houses that you don't dare total up.

You take things apart on your 914 just because it's there.

You buy boxes of 914 parts at swap meets hoping to find a better washer bottle when your 914 has not run in years.

You would rather stay home and work on your 914 than go out with your wife.

Your wife has ever referred to your 914 as your "mistress".

I am sure there are more symptoms.

lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.