Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring Appearance Group Gauges & Rear Defrost Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_7T3
Just buttoning up the appearance group gauges on my '73 and was not sure where these wires go.

First up is the ground wire with round connector that splits off from where the harness attaches back into the connectors in the tunnel. Does this screw onto the underside of the shifter base under the defrost light?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Also where does the black and green wire attach to?
Click to view attachment

Everything else seems pretty clear as far as matching the correct color wire out of the harness to the appropriate connector in the tunnel.

Click to view attachment

The green and ground for the rear defrost glass are present as well as are the 3 wires for the backpad light, so should be good to go from here.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
76-914
yes to 1st question. I'll look up the other. Oil pressure?
JOEPROPER
You beat me to these questions. I'll be doing the same in the coming days / weeks.
914_7T3
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Apr 6 2020, 03:53 PM) *

@JeffBowlsby

Thanks for the diagram, should have checked there first. Any idea where the Green/White stripe wire with the broken tab goes? headbang.gif

Click to view attachment
bbrock
Green/white plugs into the bottom of the heater lever.
914_7T3
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 6 2020, 06:37 PM) *

Green/white plugs into the bottom of the heater lever.

Thanks Brent, thats awesome! smilie_pokal.gif

I'll need to put on a new connector first.

JOEPROPER
icon_bump.gif Bumping this thread because it helped me today! smilie_pokal.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Apr 11 2020, 11:23 AM) *

icon_bump.gif Bumping this thread because it helped me today! smilie_pokal.gif

Glad all that worked out.

Verified the heater control yesterday and there was already a wire connected having me question the correct location for the remaining green/white . Thought I would reach out to @bbrock just to make sure and came to that conclusion along with the Haynes manual that indeed the green/white wire goes there.

Need to trace back where the existing wire on the control is actually going ............

At least the gauges are good to go!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.