Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB Hardware+ - Visor screws + front turn signal lens screws+
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
First off thanks to those of you that bought my visors. we made some visor screws that are currently of for nickel plating as I write this. This will be ready this next week.

We did also make the front turn signal lens screws. These are an unusual animal in that they are not quite what the appear to be. Did you even notice that they strip out a little easier than most screws? We believe this to be a design feature. Most screws are steel either stainless or carbon with plating on them. If you have an original you will notice it sounds a little different if you drop it on concrete. The reason is that they are made out of aluminum.

This is because they were designed to strip out. Yes intended to strip. If they were over tightened. Mechanically you could put much more pressure than you would want onto the lenses with a steel screw. Think about it if you have ever cracked a lens it more than likely was not with the OEM screw in it. I know I have stripped out a few.

As these are both small and can easily ship in a small padded envelope we decided to release a few Group Buys together so that you can have some stuff to do and save on shipping

The short list

Visor screw Reg $5 a set GB price $3.50 for all 4 (note the finish on the screw in the picture is wrong, it is being re plated now.

The turn signal screws Red $1.75 each ($7.00 a set) GB price $3.75 a set
And if you are planing to replace the screws you can get new lenses at a reduced price
Amber set of 2 (reg $24) with screws $12 a set!
Clear set of 2 (reg $32) with screws $16 a set!

And yes while you are there I do have the new seals too. Yes reg $16.50 a set I can add in for $10 if added in with the screws. This will give you a quick and easy afternoon project and save some cash!

So

Who's interested?
MM1
I am - just got some NOS Hella clear turn lenses.
bbrock
Another great product! I believe those same screws are using on side markers too. Do you happen to also have the rubber washers that go under the screw head to seal the lens? I was getting ready to try to source some at the local hardware but they would be a nice addition to the screws. [edit: looking at the PET, it looks like the rubber washers are for the side markers only. Mine migrated to my turn signals somehow over the years.]
mb911
Mark,

I actually need the screws.. I was just looking the other day for some.. Do you happen the turn signal decals for a 914-6?

@mikey914
maf914
I am in for screws, amber lenses, and seals.
mmichalik
I'll be in for two sets of each screw - (Visor and Lens)
Mikey914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 8 2020, 07:11 AM) *

Another great product! I believe those same screws are using on side markers too. Do you happen to also have the rubber washers that go under the screw head to seal the lens? I was getting ready to try to source some at the local hardware but they would be a nice addition to the screws. [edit: looking at the PET, it looks like the rubber washers are for the side markers only. Mine migrated to my turn signals somehow over the years.]

You know I recall there was a thin washer that was plastic on the front. Does that sound right?
mb911
Click to view attachment

@mikey914
Mikey914
Got ya,
should be easy enough, but are they not currently available? Or just stupid expensive?
mb911
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 8 2020, 09:13 AM) *

Got ya,
should be easy enough, but are they not currently available? Or just stupid expensive?

They are 20-50 dollars depending on whom you get them from.. I like to order from 1 place to cut down on shipping costs
Mikey914
At that price point I will do these. We also made a variant of the clam shell that we could market for 6 conversions too cool_shades.gif
914bub
I'm in for visor screws, lens screws, amber lenses and gaskets. Any chance they can ship with the updated speedo drive housing? I'm not in a hurry and can pay any time.
poorsche914
Interested in visor and lens screws as well as a set of amber lenses.

driving.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(914bub @ Apr 8 2020, 10:57 AM) *

I'm in for visor screws, lens screws, amber lenses and gaskets. Any chance they can ship with the updated speedo drive housing? I'm not in a hurry and can pay any time.

Intended to be able to. They will be ready about the same time

Also on another note we are reintroducing the surrounds with option to add LED headlights as an other stuck at home project. Any of these can be combined. The only issue we have is the front trunk metal, as it ships in it's own tube small stuff will add in, but it is it's own "box".
second wind
I'm in for some clear lenses and seals. The screws come with it, right? Do I need the visor screws? Is the new batch of visors in yet?
Thank you,
gg
Mikey914
The screw are offered as stand alone so those that want the CW screws can get them. If you buy the hardware you can get the rest at a good discount. The focus was mainly on the hardware, but I guess you could say they were included as you will not get the discount without them.

beer3.gif

Update on the visors we are waiting for more material should be here next week.
Craigers17
I am in for the turn signal screws, amber lenses, and seals.

Thanks,
-Craig
56kabrio
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Apr 8 2020, 01:42 PM) *

I am in for the turn signal screws, amber lenses, and seals.

Thanks,
-Craig

I’m in for two sets of the visor screws, two sets of turn signal screws, and two sets of turn signal seals. I would also like these shipped with the speedo drive if possible.

Thanks

Mack
Mikey914
Yes we are setting these up to be able to consolidate for those that want them. I did want to list all the GBs together but they get lost.
davehg
Add me for one set of visor screws, and two sets of turn signal screws, and two sets of turn signal seals/gaskets.

The black car and the blue car thank you.
Dobbsy
Hello Mark,

I would like a set of visor and turn signal screws.

Thanks
74K914
I am in for:
One set of visor screw
One set of turn signal screw
One set of clear lenses with screws
One set of seals
914bub
What codes do we need for GB pricing on these parts? I want to pay for the speedo drive housing but wanted to order these parts at the same time.
Mikey914
had an issue with the plating company not being there Friday when I went to pick up the visor screws so held off on the codes until I know when I will have in hand. I suspect they were just running shortened hours but I didn't get a call.
Figured I should be able to open this next week. If I have to run a few more and take to another plating company I will.

Mark
Mikey914
Update - Good news they were just closed for Good Friday Will pick up tomorrow AM so PMs going out shortly
jmalone
guys i'm in for both colors of lenses one set of each of the screws (lenses and visors) and a set of gaskets. Thanks!
Rob914
I'm in for one set of visor screws and one set of turn signal screws.
Mikey914
Finally got these and will put out codes tonight, just been way too busy. Doing up some door panels now
Pappy1975
I would like to get
1 set of visor screws
1 set of lens screws
1 set of gaskets
1 pair of clear lens

Thanks
second wind
Pappy does all my talkin' for me!
gg
second wind
His order is exactly what I would like to order. Thank you very much.
gg
Mikey914
Codes sent to all so far,
We will combine so you can do multiple GBs together.

Was a little hard to manage all the GBs open at once and make codes play well together.
If anyone has an issue let me know.
Mark
frostyf
Hi Mark, I'd missed the GB thread for the visor screws and ordered a set from the website last night.

Any chance I could order some additional turn signal screws and lens gaskets to send with the Visor screws I ordered?

Thanks, Nick

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 17 2020, 07:39 AM) *

Codes sent to all so far,
We will combine so you can do multiple GBs together.

Was a little hard to manage all the GBs open at once and make codes play well together.
If anyone has an issue let me know.
Mark
SO.O.C914er
Would really like to receive my GB sun visors that have been floating out there for sometime now.... thanks Paul. shades.gif
wurthBob
do you have any euro front turn signal lenses?

thank you

Bob
Mikey914
The visors are going out this week fro the 2nd round and the GB will close end of the month
Sorry Euros are not included in the lens GB as we have to make them up special, we are actually about to do another run.

Mark
dakotaewing
I am in for:
One set of visor screws
One set of turn signal screws
One set of clear lenses
One set of seals

Thanks Mark!
Rleog
In for visor and lens screws, thanks.
bbrock
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 8 2020, 10:10 AM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 8 2020, 07:11 AM) *

You know I recall there was a thin washer that was plastic on the front. Does that sound right?

@Mikey914 I'm popping the washer in the mail to you today. I don't need it and it will just get lost here. Part#914.631.910.00 It is a black rubber washer.
Mikey914
Thanks I'll keep an eye out for it.
Mark
Mikey914
Ends tomorrow midnight Pacific
fiacra
Mark, I need two sets of visor screws, two sets of turn signal screws, and one set of turn signal gaskets.

Thanks!
Rob914
One set of visor screws and one complete set of amber lenses, seals and screws. Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.