Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need help installing Bilstein front struts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 RZ-1
What tool do I use to tighten this special nut? Instructions say torque to 95 ft-lbs.

I do NOT want to mess it up with a pipe wrench!

I could not find a tool on Pelican's site or anywhere else.

Is this it:

Am I looking for a gland nut removal tool?
DRPHIL914
well i used a pipe wrench to hold the top washer and strut in place while tightening the but back down. worked for me , it a tool like that would make it easier for sure
jim_hoyland
I have the tool and you are welcome to use it. It was made by a member who made thrm

This what you need ?
mepstein
I use a Hozan C205 Lockring Tool. Amazon, ebay, bike shop. Many guys use a pipe wrench. Most people don't end up using a torque wrench, you just make it pretty tight. Like wheel lug bolt tight.
914 RZ-1
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 8 2020, 06:28 PM) *

I have the tool and you are welcome to use it. It was made by a member who made thrm

This what you need ?

Thanks! beerchug.gif Looks like I need the middle one, correct? I sent a PM to you, but let me check with my in-laws; my FIL might have a bike wrench.
914 RZ-1
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 8 2020, 06:58 PM) *

I use a Hozan C205 Lockring Tool. Amazon, ebay, bike shop. Many guys use a pipe wrench. Most people don't end up using a torque wrench, you just make it pretty tight. Like wheel lug bolt tight.

I might have access to one of those! I'll have to check with my in-laws.

I use a big ol' torque wrench for my lug bolts since I never seem to be able to get it tight enough by feel. What feels tight to me is not really very tight at all.

It's really annoying that they don't tell you that this is needed or even sell it on Pelican Parts. The gland nut is waaaay too nice to mess up with a pipe wrench.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.