Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just wanted to say "hi"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ampex351
Hello everyone, I just purchased a 1973 2 ltr 914 earlier today. I'm pretty excited. We pick the car up in 30 days. Waiting for the virus to calm down before travelling. I think we got a great deal on a 1973 2 ltr all original in beautiful condition. No rust except very minor surface rust on the pan. 80,000 miles, Sambesi green. We paid $10k and I don't think that was bad at all.
I've had 911's and a 930 Turbo and 1 914 many years ago but never forgot how much fun these little cars really are. Can't wait to have her in time for summer driving. Lots of great curvy Oregon backroads to play on. I just wanted to join in and say hi. Any Oregonians in my are welcome to stop by.

Cheers, Roger
bdstone914
welcome.png
SO.O.C914er
Welcome to the mid-engine madness! welcome.png 1973 that’s my year.
Mikey914
welcome.png congratulations sounds like an excellent deal.

We’re here in Hillsboro if you ever go north. My sons car (The original Mikey914) was Zambezi green. Nice solid car color one of my favorite.
Ampex351
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Apr 8 2020, 10:43 PM) *

Welcome to the mid-engine madness! welcome.png 1973 that’s my year.

Thanks! I think I got lucky. Been looking for 6 months and prices are going crazy. Saw this '73 looked it over checked it out and boom....bought right there.
Ampex351
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 8 2020, 10:44 PM) *

We’re here in Hillsboro if you ever go north. My sons car (The original Mikey914) was Zambezi green. Nice solid car color one of my favorite.

We'll be going up to Tigard next month (virus permitting) to get the car. I'd like to find that hardboard cover panel that goes over the spare tire. Any ideas where to find one?
wes
welcome.png
Big Len
Need pics, but best of luck with it. You're gonna love it.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Ampex351 @ Apr 8 2020, 08:52 PM) *

We'll be going up to Tigard next month (virus permitting) to get the car. I'd like to find that hardboard cover panel that goes over the spare tire. Any ideas where to find one?

We have them and are only 25 min away. Love to see the car if you want to swing by
Ampex351
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 8 2020, 11:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Ampex351 @ Apr 8 2020, 08:52 PM) *

We have them and are only 25 min away. Love to see the car if you want to swing by

Wow! You have 'em? How much are they? Do they need to covered with carpeting?
Ampex351
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 8 2020, 11:19 PM) *

Need pics, but best of luck with it. You're gonna love it.

Mikey914
We have with the bulkhead, $85 we can work something out if you only need the cover for the tire Swing by and check it out

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/f...runk-lining-set
Coondog
[quote name='Mikey914' date='Apr 9 2020, 12:03 AM' post='2802331']
We have with the bulkhead, $85 we can work something out if you only need the cover for the tire Swing by and check it out

If I lived in Oregon I would be at your shop every week...... flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif
JOEPROPER
welcome.png Good luck. Car looks nice. smilie_pokal.gif
billh1963
"Zambezi" green is a great color!
campbellcj
welcome.png and congrats! Green Porsches seem to be all the rage now with the new cars. Looking forward to more pics and stories.
tvdinnerbythepool
welcome.png

Awesome community here that have helped me tremendously, lots of great people and help in the PNW

Love the car!
Cairo94507
welcome.png Well that is a terrific car and color. Welcome to the madness. Looking forward to seeing a lot of pictures and your plans for the car. beerchug.gif
Tdskip
Congratulations!
cali914
congrats
Root_Werks
That is a clean looking 914, congrats!
FlacaProductions
welcome.png
914_7T3
welcome.png

You will love it even more once you take delivery. Here is a photo of my car originally from Oregon that came with the same Snazzy mirrors!

Click to view attachment
Ampex351
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Apr 9 2020, 03:24 PM) *

welcome.png

You will love it even more once you take delivery. Here is a photo of my car originally from Oregon that came with the same Snazzy mirrors!

Click to view attachment

Blue is an awesome color. I really never intended to buy green but I'm liking it a lot.

Thanks, Roger
jagalyn
Nice find... can't go wrong with a 73-2.0L. You know that already having already owned a 914.
ctc911ctc
welcome.png
PanelBilly
Looks like a great car
windforfun
Did you work for Ampex?
ValcoOscar
welcome.png

Congratulation on your new acquisition. Green is aktion035.gif
But, like some of us….you’re only beginning.
I see more in your future.
irish914.jpg olympic914.jpg betty914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg grasshopper914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.