Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil temp sender / gauge mismatches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Good morning gentlemen, hope everyone is getting on OK.

I know that it is a fairly common issue to have oil temperature gauge / sensor mismatch issues. I’m asking because the red (former turbo) car has a non-orginal to the car VDO gauge and what I believe to be original style sender on the rebuilt 2.0L.

My question is if there is a practical way to measure and calibrate the gauge to use as-is or is the only real solution to buy a matched set and be done with it?

Thanks in advance for the education.
914Sixer
Vdo sending units are marked the range that they work to in C. Roughly 150C=300F. Mater of matching gauge range to sending unit. For gauges with no numbers (in some cases), you can look at an angle and see the number marks.
Tdskip
Thank you.

The indicator temperature is warmer than it should be, I suspect the gauge is probably off because everything else seems OK.

Hope everyone is doing well in TX.
ClayPerrine
There should be a part number on the gauge. IF you have that part number, a good parts guy should be able to find the proper sender for it.

@partsguy22 Has always been able to do this for me.

Clay
GregAmy
This may help.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.