Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Miss My Porsche Friends!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larmo63
All of this Wuhan virus shit has me missing my cars and coffee, driving, and Porsche swap meet friends.

I do go out and drive my 911 as much as possible (lots of rain here lately) up and down the coast.

Random Ortega Hwy drives just for the fun of it. It gets lonely driving by myself.

Just so you know, I miss you nerds. Can we just get on with things?
Cairo94507
I totally understand. I am confined to quarters by my wife due to all of this and have "cabin fever".

Today I am going to play in the garage with our cars- but I can't leave to go anywhere. I hope this all ends soon with all of us still here and before we know it we are all standing around BS-ing about our toys with all of this in the rear-view. beerchug.gif
Bmw635
I was out cruising PCH to Dana Point this morning in the 928 and found an impromptu companion with a 930. Saw several other pre 60s Euro classic cruising also.
sixnotfour
I was driving into town 35 miles away, delivering parts, I saw a nice
914-6 Gulf ..I was so excited I have to speed up 90mph to catch him and admire how small 914s are...... pretty rare sighting..except in my driveway driving.gif flag.gif
Jett
Put a trickle charger on the daily driver this morning!

We were not meant to be separated from each other for long lengths of time.
stevegm
Ya, while there are certainly bigger problems in the world, the canceling of all the car events this year has really put a dampener on seeing friends, etc. We are going to host a virtual C&C coming up, as well as some live tours of cool builds. I’ll post some info about it this week.
PanelBilly
Our local PCA membership chair has the virus, so I volunteered to call all the folks who signed up for membership and welcome them to the club. With all of our tours and socials being cancelled, its a way to meet some more P car people. So far there's no 914 on the list, but quite a few older 911s have changed hands
Unpretentious
We miss you too Larmo bye1.gif
eric9144
Cars and Covid sucks slap.gif
ValcoOscar
Miss you too Larmo.

I took my other P car out for a quick drive this morning.
My daughter rode with me for the first time.
If you look closely you can see I'm wearing my face mask.

Oscar

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
I pulled out my Larmo pic from the San Simeon WCR
914_7T3
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 11 2020, 07:58 AM) *

All of this Wuhan virus shit has me missing my cars and coffee, driving, and Porsche swap meet friends.

I do go out and drive my 911 as much as possible (lots of rain here lately) up and down the coast.

Random Ortega Hwy drives just for the fun of it. It gets lonely driving by myself.

@Larmo63

TBH, I miss your snarky-ass attitude!

laugh.gif
drem914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 11 2020, 12:57 PM) *

I pulled out my Larmo pic from the San Simeon WCR

I miss all of you guys. I hope everyone is still healthy and not too bored yet. Looking forward to when we can "gather" again.

@larmo63 whose yellow 914 are you in?
ValcoOscar
One of a kind

Click to view attachment
oldschool
Even if I didn't get out much....I also miss the Group.
Just sold my white 914....So its all about the other med. Engine (outlaw
Boxster). evilgrin.gif
sixnotfour
2015 RRC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI0kqUH2994
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 11 2020, 07:58 AM) *

Hey Lawrence...miss you too, how about a bit of LM24hr fairy dust (actually GT muffler debris) from the old #40 ¿¿ The full exhaust is headed out for reconditioning + coatings...and this stuff is jumping out of the muffler. Might have mystical powers of making you crave a 914 again aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
Just went for a ride (with my wife !) in my Light Ivory GT car.
Drove alongside one Turbo on the way out and another on the way back.
Neither of those drivers saw a Porsche today.
East coast is mostly Porsche numb. Price: pray.gif Heritage; dry.gif
Should have called Ray and Lenny.
mb911
I hear you though we don't have any swap meets here.. I have been working on my car like crazy recently.. I am really enjoying that and trying to not worry about all the other things going on.
euro911
Was hoping to take some twisty canyon drives, but the Woosley fire caused a lot of damage and a lot of the roads are still closed dry.gif

https://jalopnik.com/over-a-year-later-ther...e-of-1841024575

It's been a long time since I've attended any events, I may have forgotten who some of you folks are laugh.gif
billh1963
I've been driving my cars all day. Beautiful weather so drove both 996's, 911S, 75 914 (BB), Miata LS, and a few Corvairs. Been a long and fun day!

billh1963
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 11 2020, 03:46 PM) *

Miss you too Larmo.

Oscar

Is that a Getty dash or did you modify a 911 dash?
Larmo63
I went to one of my projects this morning, visited with my dad in Newport, and then came home to switch cars. I took the 911 for a drive. God that felt good.

Getting ready to do some welding and then the suspension.

I'll be completely tuned by the time the curtain raises......!
914Toy
This too will end. Stay safe.
porschetub
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 12 2020, 01:03 PM) *

I went to one of my projects this morning, visited with my dad in Newport, and then came home to switch cars. I took the 911 for a drive. God that felt good.

Getting ready to do some welding and then the suspension.

I'll be completely tuned by the time the curtain raises......!

You are lucky we are totally locked out and just over second week,only essential services and police are checking people for driving around for no real reason and will fine for at least a decent excuse.
You can't go surfing or boat fishing,and our countries economy is sinking faster than the Titanic.
Hard times indeed sad.gif .

sb914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 11 2020, 04:17 PM) *

Miss you too Larmo.

Oscar

Look closer. 911
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 11 2020, 12:14 PM) *

I totally understand. I am confined to quarters by my wife due to all of this and have "cabin fever".

Today I am going to play in the garage with our cars- but I can't leave to go anywhere. I hope this all ends soon with all of us still here and before we know it we are all standing around BS-ing about our toys with all of this in the rear-view. beerchug.gif

Michael!
You’re married to Gavin Newsome? slap.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 12 2020, 08:45 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 11 2020, 04:17 PM) *

Miss you too Larmo.

Oscar

Look closer. 911

Yep...I see it now. Air vent gives it away. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.