Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pertronix Ign II Cap wont seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dflesburg
Installing Pertronix Ign II on a stock 2.0 engine the Distributor appears to be stock vac unit.

after putting the rotor on top the cap doesn't seat.

Any ideas?
Rob-O
You probably don’t have the magnet far enough down the distributor shaft. While it looks like it fits on the cam on the distributor in any direction, that’s not the case. It only fits in one position. When it fits correctly it will push quite a way down over the cam. That allows the rotor to push all the way down onto the shaft. Which will allow the distributor cap to fit correctly.

Hope this helps.
76-914
agree.gif Just takes some downward force. The fit tighter than socks on a rooster. beerchug.gif
porschetub
First Ignitor 1 I fitted the magnet piece was too tight,I found a little clearancing inside and it pushed on but was still bloody firm.
I've never had that issue with Ignitor II or other brands.
michael7810
We install many compufire units and on most we grind the bottom of the rotor on a belt sander to get the cap to seat correctly.
mankowski
I've also had this experience and found that twisting the magnet laterally at the same time as pushing down on the distributor shaft would get it to seat a little lower, even when it appeared that the cam lobes were lined up with the recesses on the inside of the magnet perfectly to begin with.
dflesburg
Thanks guys, finally went on...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.