Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front shock upper strut nut torque value?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 RZ-1
What is the correct torque value for this bolt (the upper strut nut, or whatever it's actually called):
Click to view attachment

The Haynes manual is not clear and the one post I could find on this site just reprinted what that said.
ndfrigi
I did on few 914s and twice on my running car before was by feel only to tighten it. Old style. So far I had no issues.
914 RZ-1
It's 58 lb-ft. I found it in another post.

It's called a "nut" in the Haynes manual exploded view and the description and there's a reference to a "suspension strut/support bracket" in the torque specs. The "support bracket is referred as a "strut support", and "supporting bearing (I think)" in other places in the manual and I've seen it referenced as a "top front strut support nut" and "strut retainer nut" other places. Hence my confusion.

I didn't go with "hand tight" because I could have over-tightened it with the breaker bar or not tightened it enough with my wrench. I figure they give torque specs for a reason.

I hope this is useful to anyone else searching for this.
bdstone914
QUOTE( @ Apr 11 2020, 02:26 PM) *

What is the correct torque value for this bolt (the upper strut nut, or whatever it's actually called):
Click to view attachment

The Haynes manual is not clear and the one post I could find on this site just reprinted what that said.

Did you bent up the lock tab to prevent the nut from backing off ?
That its function. Looks like most of the nyloc material extruded out on yours.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.