Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pressure regulator rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trojanhorsepower
Hello All,
Hope everyone is doing well. I am trying to rebuilding my pressure regulator. I got the kit from PMB, but it does not have any instructions. I understand that it is pretty intuitive, but I don't know what to do with the included grease. Also what is the point metal bit for?Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Apr 11 2020, 06:26 PM) *

Hello All,
Hope everyone is doing well. I am trying to rebuilding my pressure regulator. I got the kit from PMB, but it does not have any instructions. I understand that it is pretty intuitive, but I don't know what to do with the included grease. Also what is the point metal bit for?Click to view attachment

The grease is for the piston.
The bullet thing is to stretch a seal way more than you'll believe.
Make sure you face the seal in the right direction.....take pics as you disassemble.
I've done mine but have not installed it yet.
We'll see.
Mueller
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Apr 11 2020, 03:26 PM) *

Hello All,

I did this a few weeks ago.

A.
Grease is for the seals, greatly helps in the install. The type included is brake fluid compatible.

B. I believe the cone shaped part goes over the small end of the piston to help with the installation of the small seal. On mine the cone shaped part was too short so it came up short of the larger OD feature. I did not use it.

C. I posted a diagram of the regulator, let me find it.

Mueller
A vise helps, or at least it helped me.

I modified some soft jaws to hold the piston, like a 3rd hand.

Oh yea, those funny looking tools are o-ring tools I made in A&P school over 30 years ago.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
trojanhorsepower
Awesome!
Thank you guys.
would like to hear from Eric at PMB as to how to use the alum conical devise for seal install, seams to short to be of any help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.