Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Bilstein Pressure Damper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
NW JLO
FS Bilstein Pressure Damper 91434109134 (left front)

Just removed from my car after 27 years in dry storage. Originally dealer installed in 1979 and used on car until 1981, when car went to monthly status until 1993.

Great condition! The original tag is still on damper. Full compression.

Asking $250, plus shipping in advance by check...or trade ?

See pics...

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

NW JLO aka Jim
stownsen914
Nice looking part. Is it the strut housing + the Bilstein damper insert for $250?
NW JLO
HI!

The Bilstein "pressure damper" (green body) is a factory front strut and shock unit.
This is a one piece unit and is for HD/racing applications. It is not the same as the stock Bilstein/Koni/Boge struts.

For comparison purposes I included a stock Boge (black) shock insert to show the difference in the piston diameter between the two.

The Boge has no value.....

Does this answer your question.
Thanks for looking!

Jim

914werke
QUOTE(NW JLO @ Apr 12 2020, 10:41 AM) *
The Bilstein "pressure damper" (green body) is a factory front strut and shock unit.
This is a one piece unit and is for HD/racing applications. It is not the same as the stock Bilstein/Koni/Boge struts.

Um.. well No. It happens to actually have come stock on some cars. It is also not a one piece design its just different in that the insert is upside down from the Boge. and is retained by a roll pin at the bottom vs a threaded collar at the top. rolleyes.gif
NW JLO
QUOTE(914werke @ Apr 12 2020, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(NW JLO @ Apr 12 2020, 10:41 AM) *

Um.. well No. It happens to actually have come stock on some cars. It is also not a one piece design its just different in that the insert is upside down from the Boge. and is retained by a roll pin at the bottom vs a threaded collar at the top. rolleyes.gif

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your correction...so the chrome part is the "shock body" and the piston is inside the strut body...what type of insert is that?

BTW what is the value of this part?

Newbie,
Jim
mepstein
Is uses a Bilstein insert. Value is tough because most people will want the pair and being an uncommon factory upgrade, there aren’t a lot floating around. In addition, 95% of the time when guys crash their Porsche, it’s the right side that takes the hit.
914Sixer
I have a set. I looked for over 7 years to find a passenger side. I had 2 driver sides. Fair market price is around $200 because you might wait a long time for the passenger side. Please put a spindle nut on it to prevent damage to threads and put some protection on the shaft itself.

When you ship it make SURE you double wrap the shaft with cardboard because it WIIL try to poke through shipping box.
NW JLO
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 12 2020, 08:28 PM) *

I have a set. I looked for over 7 years to find a passenger side. I had 2 driver sides. Fair market price is around $200 because you might wait a long time for the passenger side. Please put a spindle nut on it to prevent damage to threads and put some protection on the shaft itself.

When you ship it make SURE you double wrap the shaft with cardboard because it WIIL try to poke through shipping box.

Thanks Mark H. & Mark E.

Appreciate the advice & info.....will do. Seems like this hard to find part may become a wall hanger in my garage!

Happy wrenching and motoring from Southern Oregon,

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.