Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installed the LeMans Seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav
I just got a LeMans seat to replace my old funky seat. It's pretty comfy, it would be better if they removed some of the cushion though from the back and seat so I don't feel pushed forward or sitting high.

I guess I'm just used to the flatness of the orignal seat...

user posted image

smilie_pokal.gif
smooth_eddy
Does your head hit the targa top? If not are you taller than 6 foot? E
olav

I'm 6'3" and my head does not hit the targa top. I don't think I could wear a helmet though and have the targa top on.

So I kept my olden seat for that in case I go on a track.
GaroldShaffer
I love my LeMans seat. You sit a little higher but at 5'7" I can still wear my helmet with the targa top on, but it is close.
tat2dphreak
those are slick! whare do you get them?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 7 2005, 05:10 AM)
those are slick! whare do you get them?

HERE smile.gif
JohnM
I'm thinking about getting these, but I'm 6 foot and have the same worry about headroom with helmet on-- granted only on a few occasions a year. Anyone have a measurement of how much higher these make you sit? Perhaps sit in stock passenger seat (moveable slider seat) and measure head clearance then sit in Le Mans and measure same-- maybe even experiment with tilt/slider settings to measure max. clearance? Thanks, John
olav
QUOTE (JohnnyX @ Jul 7 2005, 07:18 AM)
I'm thinking about getting these, but I'm 6 foot and have the same worry about headroom with helmet on-- granted only on a few occasions a year.  Anyone have a measurement of how much higher these make you sit?  Perhaps sit in stock passenger seat (moveable slider seat) and measure head clearance then sit in Le Mans and measure same-- maybe even experiment with tilt/slider settings to measure max. clearance?  Thanks, John

If you get them from the dude at http://www.gts-classics.com/lemans.html (Stephan) he can modify the seats to remove some of the thickness from the padding from the seat cushion and the back. He recently did that for someone that used the seat in a 904 and wanted to use a helmet.
GTeener
Looks nice clap.gif

Is the Rallye ST version the same except with holes for a 5/6 point harness?

Does the seat cushion come out like the standard seat?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (GTeener @ Jul 7 2005, 07:46 AM)
Looks nice  :clap:

My Lemans seat has the hole in the cushion for the 5/6 point harness. No the seat bottom does not come out like a stock seat does.
GTeener
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jul 7 2005, 07:50 AM)

My Lemans seat has the hole in the cushion for the 5/6 point harness. No the seat bottom does not come out like a stock seat does.

But what about the lap belts? Do they have to go over the sides of the seat?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (GTeener @ Jul 7 2005, 07:54 AM)
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jul 7 2005, 07:50 AM)

But what about the lap belts? Do they have to go over the sides of the seat?

Yes they do. Fits real good. I haven't done any track stuff yet just AXing, but with this seat and 5 point belts your bootyshake.gif stays put!

I don't have my car here (its gone for a clutch tube repair) otherwise I could post a picture for you.
GTS
Hi All,
thank you for the comments on the seats.
We tried to get the seats as low as possible but for those who like to race I could modify the seats with a removable seat cushion,make it a bit thinner and you still can sit on the duralastic belts.
Yes the seat belts for the LeMans go over the sides but should have the right ergonomical fit.
On the Rallye ST you have a bit wider seat with the side hole for the seatbelts and the lap belt hole,they fit nicely into the 914 but....
The rear padding doesn't fit or has to be modified...or a la GT and the tilt / slider bracket has to be modified as the mounting base is slightly 12 mm wider.
But John has done it and as well another gentleman.
If you emal me I can send you the pictures of the Rallye ST installed... I am too dumb to unload pictures in a reply.....
They should also be posted under Seats for 914/6 GT here in the forum.
regards Stefan GTS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.