Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New Old Local Favorite
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Crazy out of my tree staying home so I took a tour of Old Fort Worth areas the freeways bypassed 30 years ago. Lots of classy big old homes and places I went back in high school. Look what I found. Still a working garage with classic cars, signs, and old car memorabilia. Closed today but I’ll go back when opened for better pics.

Post some old places you like to stop by.
914xr75
We live about 20 miles away from the area I grew up in as a kid. This is the house we lived in when my dad had his 914. Not a very safe neighborhood so I typically only go by in the early a.m. In the past I thought about seeing if the owner would let me recreate the photo, but it would take a lot of yard work and cleaning up to make it even resemble the 1970s. Good memories although.Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914xr75
oh, dad didn't get mad that I sat on his car.
ctc911ctc
Love the shadow of the camera man.

QUOTE(914xr75 @ Apr 12 2020, 06:49 PM) *

oh, dad didn't get mad that I sat on his car.

Retroracer
This a favorite for me. Alice's on Skyline, Bay Area CA.

- Tony

PS. Some people say you can get anything you want there.

Click to view attachment
worn
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Apr 12 2020, 05:35 PM) *

- Tony

Click to view attachment

Ceptin Alice.
djway
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Apr 12 2020, 06:35 PM) *

- Tony

Click to view attachment

Just don't get arrested for litterin
VegasRacer
The Rainbow Club has been a Henderson favorite for over 50 years. It is a sister property to the Peppermill on The Strip, so you know it's going to be great. chowtime.gif Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 12 2020, 09:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Retroracer @ Apr 12 2020, 05:35 PM) *

- Tony

Click to view attachment

Ceptin Alice.

Wrong part of the country. The Alice's Restaurant referred to in the song is in Stockbridge, MA. Alice's Restaurant in StockBridge, MA
dr914@autoatlanta.com
always liked this oneClick to view attachment
914forme
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 13 2020, 03:26 PM) *

The Rainbow Club has been a Henderson favorite for over 50 years. It is a sister property to the Peppermill on The Strip, so you know it's going to be great. chowtime.gif Click to view attachment

agree.gif But we go to the Pepper Mill as it is a block walk from my friends high rise. Well used to be, now Vegas Convention Center construction is blocking the crow fly route.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.