Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilt Axles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MarkV
I just bought a set of these. Mine are old and worn out. Hope they fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
ThinAir
Keep us posted. They sure LOOK good! I checked ARI's site for 73 Porsche 914 and all they show is Brake & Clutch parts so it will be interesting to see what you got. I hope it works!
echocanyons
The seller is a member maybe he'll speak up confused24.gif
SLITS
ARI is a group of investors that bought several operations. ARI remans CVs, Calipers and Boosters out of the facility in Anaheim, CA. The original company was ACEI.

Power Steering pumps, racks and manual racks are done in Phoenix, AZ. The original company there was ATSCO.

ARI owns more facilities across the US.

914 reman CVs should be readily available not only from ARI, but A1-Cardone out of Philadelphia, PA.

There are also some small rebuilders existing and some in Mexico now, but the new products (say cheap) comong in from China are killing the breed.
banksyinoz
if anyone has any pics or info on some heavy duty items it would be appreciated i am looking at the 600hp figure and dont want shafts destroying my car
Korijo
i have a set; same ones, same seller. [bought 'em off Qarl, tho biggrin.gif ]

cant comment on fitment, as they're in my parts stash wink.gif .

[fwiw, he's an honest seller]
Andyrew
Rennegade hybrids has cv joints that are a little beefier...

They are basically vw bus cv's... which are very strong.

"CV JOINTS AND AXLES

The weakest link in the 914 drive line is the CV joint. It can break without any warning and leave you stranded. While the 914 transaxle will withstand as much as 300+ ft. lbs. of torque, the 914 stock axles are only good to about 250 FPT at best. When you finally get accustomed to all that new power, and before you get stranded far from home, consider our complete high performance axle kits for your 914. Included our (4) new high performance CV joints, (4) new boots with retainer rings, (4) custom adapter flanges, (2) powder coated remanufactured axles, new hardware, and even two packets of grease!

$599 HIGH PERFORMANCE AXLE KITS: Good up to 500 hp! Sold per pair. (picture)"
user posted image

Cap'n Krusty
Bus CV joints are larger in diameter than the 914 flanges, and won't fit. Bug CVs are the same size, as are 911/912 CVs, 67-68. 911 CVs won't fit the shafts, though. The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
Bus CV joints are larger in diameter than the 914 flanges, and won't fit. Bug CVs are the same size, as are 911/912 CVs, 67-68. 911 CVs won't fit the shafts, though. BTW, if the Cardone axles are of the same quality as their 914 rear calipers, I wouldn't touch 'em! The Cap'n
banksyinoz
thanks lads the info is appreciated , o know im nuts but im looking at 6-700 hp with nitrus oxide screwy.gif and will probably kill myself but thats life
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.