Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh Air box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howie's 914
Just checking to see if anyone else has run into this problem. Everything was working great. I had low, medium and hit speed. Was working on the car again and now the fan is always running with the key on, on low speed, Still goes in medium and high. Pulled the wires from the control inside the car and it still runs. If I pull the relay it stops. I switched the relay with a different one thinking maybe it bad but still is running.

thank you
ClayPerrine
The control head only grounds the motor. In between the motor and the ground there are 3 resistors for low, med, and high speeds. If I read it correctly, the blower is stuck on low speed, so you probably have a short to ground in the low speed wire between the resistors and the switch. But don't rule out the switch in the control head either.

porschetub
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 14 2020, 08:29 AM) *

The control head only grounds the motor. In between the motor and the ground there are 3 resistors for low, med, and high speeds. If I read it correctly, the blower is stuck on low speed, so you probably have a short to ground in the low speed wire between the resistors and the switch. But don't rule out the switch in the control head either.

agree.gif that's what mine had,all the slider contacts were melted except high speed,I have deleted the control and have installed dash switch for demist as I don't have heat exchangers anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.