Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0l DJet hose question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frostyf
Wondered if anyone can put me right. Bit daunted by the hose runs in the engine bay and one is loose. Click to view attachment it's the light grey cloth covered large diam line on the left (if images load correctly). It appears to come from an upwards fitting spigot on the fan housing.

Working through the schematic in the haynes manual the only hose from the fan housing should go to the carbon canister (in frunk?).

Click to view attachment

I'm wondering if I've just mis-id'd it as the photos in the haynes manual aren't great!

Can anyone with some experience advise me please which hose it is and more importantly if it should connect to the air filter?

Thanks in advance - Nick

southernmost914
PVC next to the oil fill.
JeffBowlsby
Maybe this is some help. From here: http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm

frostyf
Jeff, thanks for this, might be the antiflash back pipe no 4. It seems to go to no 13 fitting at the end of the LHS cyl head?? Will have a look through yr techbook and keep trying to ID it.

Nick

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Apr 14 2020, 12:05 AM) *

Maybe this is some help. From here: http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm

frostyf
Jeff, just looking through yr textbook notes - they're really useful. Dave Darlings sketch seems to do it. Think it's the pipe that comes out if the top of a 73 anti spark valve (??). Thanks again, Nick

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Apr 14 2020, 12:05 AM) *

frostyf

Click to view attachment
cary
QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Apr 13 2020, 04:29 PM) *

That would be my guess too. We should be seeing a vertical hose next to the oil filler.
It has a clamp. That is one of the loosest hose fitting .

Bleyseng
I'd order a vacuum hose kit and get rid of those water heater hoses as they don't fit right. Vacuum leaks are a killer on these Djet engines causing leaking out conditions.
cary
I concur with Geoff. Make sure you leave a nice soft
loop in the PCV hose so its not stressed.
frostyf
QUOTE(cary @ Apr 14 2020, 01:16 AM) *

That would be my guess too. We should be seeing a vertical hose next to the oil filler.

Hi, I might have mis led you. It is the grey braid covered hose I'm trying to fix. Having done some more studying I think it's coming out of the vertical spigot on the flashback valve and should probably go to the air filter box. Does that seem correct??

Click to view attachment

I've marked it with a red arrow on this photo from a different angle. I'm not sure it should be braid covered. Mine is brittle and needs replacing and the spigot on the air filter box which I think it goes seems huge. Does anyone have any suggestions on where best to source replacement hoses??
Craigers17
QUOTE(frostyf @ Apr 13 2020, 08:11 PM) *

Hi, I might have mis led you. It is the grey braid covered hose I'm trying to fix. Having done some more studying I think it's coming out of the vertical spigot on the flashback valve and should probably go to the air filter box. Does that seem correct??

Click to view attachment

I've marked it with a red arrow on this photo from a different angle. I'm not sure it should be braid covered. Mine is brittle and needs replacing and the spigot on the air filter box which I think it goes seems huge. Does anyone have any suggestions on where best to source replacement hoses??

Based on Jeff's diagram and the way mine is routed, the yellow "X" in the attached photo is where that hose goes. There may be kits out there that contain "pre-cut" lengths of hose for each piece, however MOST of those vacuum hoses are all the same diameter, save one or two. That said, I know 914 Rubber has that hose because I just bought 12 Ft of it from them a few weeks ago. Basically, I'm refreshing my system the same as you. You might have to email Mark because I don't think it's on their site, but they do have it. Hope this helps.

Click to view attachment
frostyf
Craigers, thank you for this, I'll ask Mark if he can sell me some. I've just asked him for a set of the GB turn signal screws and gaskets. I,'ll try and catch him before he ships them!

Nick

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Apr 14 2020, 11:54 AM) *

QUOTE(frostyf @ Apr 13 2020, 08:11 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Based on Jeff's diagram and the way mine is routed, the yellow "X" in the attached photo is where that hose goes. There may be kits out there that contain "pre-cut" lengths of hose for each piece, however MOST of those vacuum hoses are all the same diameter, save one or two. That said, I know 914 Rubber has that hose because I just bought 12 Ft of it from them a few weeks ago. Basically, I'm refreshing my system the same as you. You might have to email Mark because I don't think it's on their site, but they do have it. Hope this helps.

Click to view attachment

Mikey914
Yep got the hose and all the others we need to make up a kit.
I’ll drop you a PM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.