Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QuaranTEENERfest - 40+ minutes of drive videos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdMIeeDaD9M

NOON: Virtual Drives around 40 minutes of driving video from Washington, California, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, North and South Carolina.

HOW TO VIEW: QuaranTEENERfest

AFTER THE DRIVES: After the drives, join us for a virtual car show via Zoom.

Virtual Car Show via Zoom will feature participants showing and talking about their 914. This will be somewhat moderated with the moderator's Zoom screen streamed LIVE to Facebook for those without Zoom.

Facebook car show will feature not only the Zoom stream but participants can post their 914. Feel free to comment and post your own 914.

ZOOM MEETING ROOM:
Meeting ID: 874 4904 2786
Password: 657174

driving.gif

EDIT 5/8/20
Thanks to all who submitted videos. With a dozen or so 914-centric videos followed by a LIVE car show, this should be a fun and engaging event.

Plans are to stream LIVE to both Facebook and YouTube.
Search for Quaranteenerfest on either site and the event should show up.
By streaming to both sites, we hope to have more people participate.

For those interested in not just watching and chatting but actually showing their car LIVE, we are using Zoom to interact via video.
The room code will be posted in this thread a few minutes before the event begins. If you have never used Zoom before, go ahead and download the app to your phone to set up your account and become familiar with its functions.

All attendees who show their car live via Zoom will get a free "Save the 914" t-shirt courtesy of RedLineNine.com

As a special bonus, Quaranteenerfest will be followed interrupted by Build Talk at ~1:00pm ET with special guest Brent Brock (bbrock).

See you all Saturday at 12:00 Noon Eastern for this 914 virtual event.

A doctor-recommended dose of eye candy for all those afflicted by the PRSH-914 virus and feeling isolated during this period of social distancing.

Join 914 enthusiasts from around the world on some of earth’s best roads - from twisty mountain roads and soaring coastal highways to relaxed wooded back roads or high speed tracks.

Following the drives will be a live, interactive car show featuring 914s from around the globe. This will be a true "international" 914 gathering!

YOUR INPUT IS NEEDED: To make this event happen, I need video content of you driving your Porsche 914 on your favorite stretch of road or track. This could be a wooded back road, a twisty mountain road, a soaring coastal highway, a canyon run, an autocross run ... you get the picture.

PM me for video specifics if you are interested in supplying a video.

AFTER THE DRIVE: The car show segment of this virtual event is when everyone will have the chance to post photos of their 914(s) followed by the inevitable comments and discussions typical of a "live" show.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS: Saturday, May 9 at 12 Noon EDT
I hope this time will allow for participation from around the globe.
Event duration is currently set for 3 hours but that is completely fluid.
This event is hosted on Facebook. May need an account to participate.
CLICK TO VISIT EVENT PAGE

Stay Safe and See You In May!
PanelBilly
This is a great idea. Now I have a reason to pull the car out of the garage and go for a ride.
mbseto
For those of us still on jack stands, video of cutting a rusty piece off / welding a shiny piece on?
Betty
No fun roads around here to get a video done between now and then, but we do have lots of pictures?!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Betty @ Apr 14 2020, 04:55 PM) *
No fun roads around here to get a video done between now and then, but we do have lots of pictures?!
Get your pictures ready for the car show first.gif

QUOTE(mbseto @ Apr 14 2020, 03:08 PM) *
For those of us still on jack stands, video of cutting a rusty piece off / welding a shiny piece on?

You can post pics of your project in the car show smash.gif

driving.gif
Big Len
I can do this, great idea.
infraredcalvin
I’ll play, PM sent. This is a great idea, thank you for pulling together!
Andyrew
In, and can provide video content smile.gif I'll see if I can record something special.
poorsche914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Apr 14 2020, 05:39 PM) *
QUOTE(Betty @ Apr 14 2020, 04:55 PM) *
Get your pictures ready for the car show first.gif
QUOTE(mbseto @ Apr 14 2020, 03:08 PM) *
You can post pics of your project in the car show smash.gif
@Betty and @mbseto and everyone else...
After thinking about both these situations, videos of working on your 914 (welding, wrenching, whatever) could actually be useful.

And ANY driving videos will work. If your 914 is a daily driver a video of a portion of your daily commute could be interesting.

Thanks to those who have already contacted me and are in the process of getting a video. I am looking forward to putting this all together but need MORE videos. You don't need to edit - I will do that. type.gif

driving.gif
sb914
Great idea!
Except I don’t have Facebook. Is there a way for people
Who don’t have fb?
poorsche914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 16 2020, 07:57 AM) *
Great idea!
Except I don’t have Facebook. Is there a way for people
Who don’t have fb?

Good news for those without a Facebook account... The live stream will be available to the public so you won't need an account to view the event cheer.gif
And, of course, you can still send me a video!

driving.gif
naro914
Feel free to rip any of our videos from our YouTube page. We have them from Racing, Okteenerfest, Hillclimbs, Targa Newfoundland, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Naroescape
poorsche914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Apr 16 2020, 10:39 AM) *
Feel free to rip any of our videos from our YouTube page. We have them from Racing, Okteenerfest, Hillclimbs, Targa Newfoundland, etc.

Thanks, Bob. I was going to dig up some I have from Smoky Mountain PCA autocrosses. Your YT channel will give me more options.

driving.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Apr 14 2020, 10:19 AM) *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdMIeeDaD9M

A doctor-recommended dose of eye candy for all those afflicted by the PRSH-914 virus and feeling isolated during this period of social distancing.

Join 914 enthusiasts from around the world on some of earth’s best roads - from twisty mountain roads and soaring coastal highways to relaxed wooded back roads or high speed tracks.

Following the drives will be a live, interactive car show featuring 914s from around the globe. This will be a true "international" 914 gathering!

YOUR INPUT IS NEEDED: To make this event happen, I need video content of you driving your Porsche 914 on your favorite stretch of road or track. This could be a wooded back road, a twisty mountain road, a soaring coastal highway, a canyon run, an autocross run ... you get the picture.

PM me for video specifics if you are interested in supplying a video.

AFTER THE DRIVE: The car show segment of this virtual event is when everyone will have the chance to post photos of their 914(s) followed by the inevitable comments and discussions typical of a "live" show.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS: Saturday, May 9 at 12 Noon EDT
I hope this time will allow for participation from around the globe.
Event duration is currently set for 3 hours but that is completely fluid.
This event is hosted on Facebook. May need an account to participate.
CLICK TO VISIT EVENT PAGE

Stay Safe and See You In May!

I don't have a facebook account.

How do we get pictures and videos to you?????

DRPHIL914
Steve i will get you a video this weekend, should have some nice pictures from
Amelia and on instagram etc from recent work that’s been done since then too.
put me down for the virtual show!

great idea btw!!

Phil
poorsche914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 17 2020, 07:32 AM) *
I don't have a facebook account.

How do we get pictures and videos to you?????

It is not necessary to have a Facebook account to view pages on Facebook, BUT... there will be pesky popups/overlays encouraging you to register. dry.gif

I have set up a public folder on Google Drive. PM me for the link. This is for video submissions.

Photos for the car show really need to be added to the event "live" by the owner. Unfortunately, this will require a FB account.
If I took photo submissions and posted them, it would be like any other gallery on the internet.

driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Apr 17 2020, 08:39 AM) *
Steve i will get you a video this weekend, should have some nice pictures from Amelia and on instagram etc from recent work that’s been done since then too.
put me down for the virtual show!

great idea btw!!

Phil

Thanks, Phil. PM me for the video folder link.

Gather your photos and have them ready to post on the day of the event.

driving.gif
poorsche914
The videos are slowly being submitted. Don't be shy... there is plenty of time to get YOUR video included in the virtual drive.

Also, @stevegm is donating one of his plaid travel bags to be given to a lucky participant.
Be sure to submit your driving video for your chance to win!

driving.gif
iankarr
done!
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(naro914 @ Apr 16 2020, 08:39 AM) *

Thanks for doing this! Cool idea.

Feel free to rip footage from 000 ("This is 000" film), and there was a bunch of B-roll that became social media snippets on Vimeo and/or our IG page.

A lot of the B-roll was used to create a video loop for a museum exhibit. I wonder if I can get some of that for you, as well. I'm biased, as it was my car, but cinemaphotographer Ben Bertucci's work is simply gorgeous and so much of the footage along the Hwy 1 coastline was left on the cutting floor up to that point.
dan10101
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 22 2020, 07:05 AM) *

Feel free to rip footage from 000 ("This is 000" film), and there was a bunch of B-roll that became social media snippets on Vimeo and/or our IG page.

Nice Pete. The sound of that engine is perfect.

I'm working on a driving video, but I may have to dub in the sound of a nice 6...
scottthephotog
Hi, I'm happy to help and supply a video. What are the specifics regarding frame-rate, bitrate, resolution, file type, etc... Are there specific angles you are looking for, how much footage do you want/need, and when would you need it by?

Thanks for organizing this. It looks like a lot of fun!
poorsche914
QUOTE(scottthephotog @ Apr 28 2020, 05:56 PM) *
Hi, I'm happy to help and supply a video. What are the specifics regarding frame-rate, bitrate, resolution, file type, etc... Are there specific angles you are looking for, how much footage do you want/need, and when would you need it by?

Thanks for organizing this. It looks like a lot of fun!

PM with details sent.

driving.gif
Krieger
I have some video of my car at the track taken by other cars. Laguna Seca and Thunderhill. It is on YouTube
poorsche914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Apr 28 2020, 10:42 PM) *
I have some video of my car at the track taken by other cars. Laguna Seca and Thunderhill. It is on YouTube

Thanks, Andy.
PM sent.

driving.gif
scottthephotog
Went out with Clay and Betty today to record some video for you. Currently exporting a video. I'll upload the video in the morning to the Google Drive folder you sent.
poorsche914
Thanks to all who submitted videos. With a dozen or so 914-centric videos followed by a LIVE car show, this should be a fun and engaging event.

Plans are to stream LIVE to both Facebook and YouTube.
Search for Quaranteenerfest on either site and the event should show up.
By streaming to both sites, we hope to have more people participate.

For those interested in not just watching and chatting but actually showing their car LIVE, we are using Zoom to interact via video.
The room code will be posted in this thread a few minutes before the event begins. If you have never used Zoom before, go ahead and download the app to your phone to set up your account and become familiar with its functions.

All attendees who show their car live via Zoom will get a free "Save the 914" t-shirt courtesy of RedLineNine.com

As a special bonus, Quaranteenerfest will be followed interrupted by Build Talk at ~1:00pm ET with special guest Brent Brock (bbrock).

See you all Saturday at 12:00 Noon Eastern for this 914 virtual event.

driving.gif
poorsche914
NOON: Virtual Drives around 40 minutes of driving video from Washington, California, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, North and South Carolina.

HOW TO VIEW: QuaranTEENERfest

AFTER THE DRIVES: After the drives, join us for a virtual car show via Zoom.

Virtual Car Show via Zoom will feature participants showing and talking about their 914. This will be somewhat moderated with the moderator's Zoom screen streamed LIVE to Facebook for those without Zoom.

Facebook car show will feature not only the Zoom stream but participants can post their 914. Feel free to comment and post your own 914.

ZOOM MEETING ROOM: coming soon

driving.gif
ClayPerrine
IPB Image
poorsche914
Video Drives will be LIVE on Facebook Okteenerfest page.

Zoom meeting:

driving.gif
poorsche914
Topic: QuaranteenerFest
Time: May 9, 2020 11:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87449042786?pwd=e...DhjY3BLemRNUT09

One tap mobile
+13126266799,,87449042786#,,1#,657174# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,87449042786#,,1#,657174# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kddiqGKm9M
poorsche914
APOLOGIES... we were unable to get the setup to stream to both Facebook and YouTube so the drive videos are only available on Facebook at this time. sad.gif
stevegm
We are still Live via Zoom. Come join us. Zoom room info in previous post.

RoadGlue
I'd love to join in sometime, but I think 10 AM PST is a bit too early drink, which I'm pretty sure is a requirement for any group Zoom meeting. beerchug.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 9 2020, 03:30 PM) *

I'd love to join in sometime, but I think 10 AM PST is a bit too early drink, which I'm pretty sure is a requirement for any group Zoom meeting. beerchug.gif

Join us every Tuesday evening for Teener Talk Tuesday from 7:00 to 9:00 pm (Eastern Time) Drop in at your convenience. Details here - http://NineMotoring.com/BuildTalk
RoadGlue
QUOTE(stevegm @ May 9 2020, 12:36 PM) *

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 9 2020, 03:30 PM) *

Join us every Tuesday evening for Teener Talk Tuesday from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Drop in at your convenience. Details here - http://NineMotoring.com/BuildTalk

Awesome, thank you!
Big Len
I watched quite a bit and thought it was really good. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.