Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Gmacmt
Hey All!

So it looks like it may be time to sell the 914 project I really haven't even had the chance to start yet. I am going to be as clear as I possibly can with everything I know about the car in the short time I have owned it. Here is a link to the most recent ad: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=340367. Car is completely as described in that ad, I am just going to try to add everything I can think of here.

1974 914

Done
  • 1974 914 w/ 1.8
  • Phoenix Orange original color
  • Steel GT flares installed
  • 5 lug conversion
  • All new gaskets for every seal on car
  • Hella Euro Tail Lights
  • Reupholstered interior
  • Rennline pedal board driver and pass side
  • PMB rebuilt rear brakes
  • Massive Chassis Reinforcement
  • Current 1.8 motor runs incredibly well
  • All major rust repair from previous listing complete
  • Every major system works (lights, doors, etc)
  • For even more details, check out this previous listing: <a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=331539&hl=1.8+flares" target="_blank">http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=1.8+flares</a>
To Do
  • Dash has some cracking under cover
  • 3rd gear occasionally pops out while driving
  • Fender flares could use light hammer and dolly before final paint
  • Needs final paint
So the car itself is a killer runner and driver right now. With paint and some wheel spacers to fill out the newly widened wheel wells, you would have an awesome cruiser while waiting to complete the 6 swap. Or fully commit and finish the project. The 1.8 runs incredibly well, you can start the car without even having to touch the throttle and it has the original mechanical fuel injection system. From the PO's assessment of the transmission, it sounds like one of the set screws that hold third gear in position is out of adjustment. The car is absolutely driveable as is, but would definitely benefit from the adjustment.

-6 Swap Parts
  • 914 Werkshop oil tank and fill neck
  • 914 Werkshop Heat exchanger headers (clear powder)
  • 914 Werkshop quiet muffler (clear powder)
  • 914 Werkshop Engine Tin (porsche black powder)
  • 914 Werkshop Soft and hard oil lines
  • Naro Escapes Motor Mount
  • Heavy duty clutch and flywheel for the 914 gearbox
This is all the right parts for a high quality -6 swap, ready to go.

Miscellaneous Parts
  • Spare gearbox for parts
911 motor situation
  • I am keeping the 3.4 Twin Plug from the previous sale
  • I do have a freshly rebuilt 1974 2.7 RS tribute engine I would consider including (~220hp)
Reason for sale

I am a small business owner up here in Montana, my free time for the indefinite future is now back-burnered. The new project is making more jobs rather than completing the car.

Price

Car- $9,000
Swap Parts - $3,500
Package - $12,500

Gmacmt
Got some new photos...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Photo of the car during fender install. Fenders have a quick coat of black over them to prevent rust during storage/transport currently it was applied in the cold and has a few runs, but it needs to be sanded off anyway so it shouldn't matter much. The holes shown here on the fender line were welded up after this photo was taken from the pro welder hired by PO.

IPB Image

Exhaust:

IPB Image

Rockers

IPB Image

Here are some additional images with details, tried to highlight areas that needed attention:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11dJ...83k?usp=sharing
JOEPROPER
popcorn[1].gif
Cairo94507
That is a great deal and someone is going to be miles ahead if they buy that. Best wishes to the seller and GLWTS. beerchug.gif
Gmacmt
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 15 2020, 11:56 AM) *

That is a great deal and someone is going to be miles ahead if they buy that. Best wishes to the seller and GLWTS. beerchug.gif

Thanks for the kind words!

PMs replied to
davehg
Agreed - this is a lot of progress for the price. Paint and body won’t be cheap, say $15k, plus the cost of the engine, but some excellent parts.

If I hadn’t dripped so much on my GT rebuild, I’d consider using this as a great base and swapping in my 3.2 or maybe my 2.7.

Someone should move on this.
Gmacmt
QUOTE(davehg @ Apr 17 2020, 12:19 AM) *

Agreed - this is a lot of progress for the price. Paint and body won’t be cheap, say $15k, plus the cost of the engine, but some excellent parts.

If I hadn’t dripped so much on my GT rebuild, I’d consider using this as a great base and swapping in my 3.2 or maybe my 2.7.

Someone should move on this.

Thanks for the kind words!

PM's replied to.

For those interested in the engine I am getting more specific details on the engine from the builder, just waiting on the reply. In generalities, it's a 2.7 with high compression JE pistons and an E cam. Single plug, and fully gone through.
Gmacmt
Added some new photos of the car and a link to a dropbox with more current photos. Trying to show every area that needs attention in the drop box. Will reply to PM's this afternoon/eve.

-g
Gmacmt
I should also mention, there is a video in the google drive folder of a cold start. That’s from the car sitting for over 3 months in my garage through a Montana winter. No battery tender. No foot on the gas at all. Just key turned.
Gmacmt
I believe I have replied to all PM's. If I missed anyone please reach out.

-Graeme
flat4guy
Very cool project - very tempting.
pete-stevers
Pm me the details on the 2.7 please. smile.gif
Gmacmt
I think I got back to everyone, been a busy week. Should be adding more images to the google drive file later this evening.
Gmacmt
PM's replied to

Gmacmt
AC system sold
Caymini
Car still available?
Gmacmt
Sale pending...
Asheikh
Caymini
QUOTE(Gmacmt @ Apr 30 2020, 11:38 AM) *

Sale pending...

Keep me posted
2mAn
RE: Sale Pending.

Is it the car or everything? Interested in the -6 swap kit
Caymini
Still available?
911_2.2T
Just wanted to let my fellow 914 enthousiasts know that not all 914's that are going oversees are flipped for a quick profit.
As soon as we got the car from Graeme, we stripped it and made a to do list for the metal guy and paint shop.
It was exactly as Graeme described it to us and we were really happy with what we bought.
Yeas it still needed some work before paint, but we took good care of her ;-)
We decided for signal orange to give it a bit more attitude.
Hoping to het it on the road early summer.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Would love to see more of this build in its own thread in the Garage Forum. Good luck!
SavingManuals
Edit: deleted
mepstein
QUOTE(911_2.2T @ Dec 18 2020, 04:06 AM) *

Just wanted to let my fellow 914 enthousiasts know that not all 914's that are going oversees are flipped for a quick profit.
As soon as we got the car from Graeme, we stripped it and made a to do list for the metal guy and paint shop.
It was exactly as Graeme described it to us and we were really happy with what we bought.
Yeas it still needed some work before paint, but we took good care of her ;-)
We decided for signal orange to give it a bit more attitude.
Hoping to het it on the road early summer.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Looks terrific.

welcome.png
Cairo94507
Glad to see it getting finished correctly. beerchug.gif
911_2.2T
Just wanted to update on the progress of the GT project.
We now have it ready for the Dutch DMV inspection to get a licence plate.
Hope to be driving it very soon drunk.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
BillJ
Looks awesome. Have fun!
Cairo94507
Nicely done; great to see another car back on the road so people can remember and enjoy them. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.