As the title says - has anyone used early 928 rear hubs/stubs to convert the rear to 5 lug ?
(I've searched the forum for '928' and get zero hits which seems odd particularly given Rick has a 928 engine is his car ??).

Anyway - I've had a go at this and so far it looks quite promising. The 928 stub axle fits the 914 bearing - although I think I'll have to trim a couple of mm off the shoulder on the stub so that it pulls right through and seats correctly. Obviously the half shaft will have to be made to order but that's a fairly standard process.

I've not bolted everything up yet but it also looks like the disc (rotor) ends up in the right place relative to the caliper. I'll post some pics when I get to that stage. Assuming the 914-6 rotor dimensions are the same I'll buy those rather than drill the originals.

So the question is - if it's that easy (one small bit of turning plus bespoke shafts) - why can't I find evidence that it's been done before ? Availability of 928 rears might be one limiting factor but then early 911 parts aren't exactly common are they ?
What am I missing ? As I say - photos to follow of what I've assembled so far.