Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TPS and Temp Sensors on my 75 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hello All,

Making some progress on the 75, the braking system is much better thanks to the Shea rear calipers. Now I am working on getting the engine to run smoother.

I am experiencing some bucking problems when accelerating, and sometimes it takes a few seconds for the idle to come down and or the idle will on occasion hunt. Points/timing/valve lash have all been adjusted, plugs have been replaced with W7CC, throttle body has been cleaned, obviously cracked hoses have been replaced.

I cleaned the TPS and the contact sheet looks slightly worn but not bad, there are no breaks in the contact sheet. I tried to adjust it according to the tech article on the PP site, when the TPS is rotated fully CCW I get no reading on my ohm meter. As I rotate it CW I get a reading and then rotate it CCW till I get no reading and then move it CW one tick mark.

(1) Should there be a reading when the switch if fully CCW, if so what should it be approximately?
(2) If there is no reading is there something I can do to correct the problem other then replacing the TPS

In addition, I checked the temp sensors using the procedures outlined in the (very helpful) rennlist article on the D-Jet system by PB Anders. With regards to the following readings are they within acceptable variances or do the sensor need replacement:

Intake air temp sensor reads around 255 ohms at room temperture. The stated resistance is 300 ohms. The resistance also went down when the sensor was heated.

The CHT sensor reads around 2.1K ohms at room temperature the stated resistance is 2.5 K ohms

Thanks,
Dan

sad.gif sad.gif
solex
Anyone? Did I post too many questions?

Thanks pray.gif
Bleyseng
nah, just too early to think........

yawn....

I would now look at your new plugs and look at the color of them. R U running lean or rich?

How is the condition of the TB shaft? A worn out TB causes goofy problems.

Check the MPS
solex
Geoff Thanks,

The throttle plate shaft is in great shape with no slop. The MPS is brand new installed by the previous owner, but I have not checked it. I will do that this weekend.

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.