Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Air Duct Passenger side #11 - still looking!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Sea Rooster
Hi there,

I'm looking for the following. They'll go on a 73 2.0 (not sure if they are different by MY or engine size, I'm relatively new to 914's).

Prefer them to be in really good condition. Let me know what you have. I got #33 from Dominic. Just need #11.

Air Duct Right Passenger Side - PorscheG022119355

Click to view attachment
914LIVE
=================================

Good afternoon.

Will go through my 914 shelves and
report back as to my findings.

Thank you and stay tuned !!!

=================================
914werke
# 33 is not specifically for the 2.0L. Its for early 1.7L oil bath heating system.
Its mated to a tin duct (#32) & (21) as well as the top tin (#2) that is specific due to a square hole notched out.
Not to say you couldnt install it on a 2.0L but for what purpose?
I always imagined you could use it to force cool air down rather than allow hot air to rise, thus aiding cooling to #1 cyl
BTW I do have all those concerned pieces FS. HERE smile.gif
Sea Rooster
QUOTE(914werke @ Apr 17 2020, 03:38 PM) *

# 33 is not specifically for the 2.0L. Its for early 1.7L oil bath heating system. Its mated to a tin duct (#32) & the top tin (#2) that is specific due to a square hole notched out.
Not to say you couldnt install it on a 2.0L but for what purpose?
I always imagined you could use it to force cool air down rather than allow hot are to rise, thus aiding cooling to #1
BTW I do have all those concerned pieces FS. smile.gif

The shop that's doing the work asked for these two pieces. Are you sayimg 2.0's didn't come with this piece? I've added two pics for reference. One driver side one passenger side. Guidance requested! smile.gif

DRIVER SIDE
Click to view attachment

PASSENGER SIDE
Click to view attachment
Dominic
Looks like you are missing a passenger side "J" pipe. I'll see if I have one in the garage.

On my 73' 2.0L there was a plastic cap and hose clam on the top of the passenger J pipe (came that way from the factory). Not used unless you get a fan splitter and hose to connect to the passenger J pipe.
Sea Rooster
QUOTE(Dominic @ Apr 17 2020, 05:01 PM) *

Looks like you are missing a passenger side "J" pipe. I'll see if I have one in the garage.

On my 73' 2.0L there was a plastic cap and hose clam on the top of the passenger J pipe (came that way from the factory). Not used unless you get a fan splitter and hose to connect to the passenger J pipe.

Thanks Dominic. Looks like we have similar cars. Mine is also a Silver 914 2.0S

Click to view attachment

Dominic
Here is the Passenger side J pipe that I have...

Sea Rooster
Thank you Dominic! I'll take it, payment sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.