Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New 914 Cup Holder Solution
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
For those of you who possess or can get your hands on an extra center cushion, here is a cup holder solution I devised. Using a cup holder extracted from a car in the junk yard (I think it was a Toyota of some sort), I carefully cut its diameter out of the top of the center cushion vinyl, then carved out the existing foam all the way till bottoming out. I then made sure the plastic cup/change holder fit properly and tight. Since this extra cushion was pretty beat up, I then re-vinyled the whole thing over the old vinyl. Next I cut radius slits in the new vinyl over the whole I had made and refit the cup holder back in. Voila, I now have a center cushion with integrated cup holder that I can swap out at will- original cushion for events and cup holder cushion for daily driving. Just DON'T destroy your original cushion, find an old beat up one that still retains its proper shape!

Ansbacher

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Literati914
I like it! any specific details you care to share? great shots too btw. .
Ansbacher
Thanks for the "Like It" vote Literati914. Beyond my blurb at the top there's not too much else to reveal.

Ansbacher
RickS
Your solution is much more sophisticated than my sawed-off bicycle water bottle cage. Yours looks custom. Well done.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.