Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad oil cooler mount pic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
E. Fry
Dave said that some of you were looking for a cool way to mount an engine lid oil cooler. If this picture copies you can see what Triad Dave and I did for his car. We can fab this for anyone if interested. This mount is intended for use with a GT type lid. We can fab that too.
E. Fry
Heres another one
Mueller
bad location.....it's done many times before, then the people finally move it to a more optimal place....yes it works, but not as well as one would think
Britain Smith
Dude. Hit the reply button at the bottom of you other post and post the pictures there. Please don't start a new thread for every picture.

Nice car though.

-Britain
E. Fry
I agree to a point. Yes up front would be better but this is a auto-x car so the oil temp is not really an issue. The fan we used moves a incredible amount of air. I think it will work well. We may try some lapping days with it soon. we will see if it keeps up then.
E. Fry
Copy that, thanks I will do that next time.
Cap'n Krusty
Seems to me you'd be blowing hot air all over the engine, and into the intake tract as well. Not my idea of a good thing. The Cap'n
rhodyguy
i was near marvin rd and pacific around 6pm yest. was that dave's car i heard racing around? didn't sound like rice to me.

k
Bleyseng
hey don't give Eric too much crap as atleast he's posting something interesting!

Good to see you guys are working on some new ideas.

Jeroen
I merged the 2 threads together...
J P Stein
Hi, Eric:
It's nice to see you posting and some on topic stuff.....even if
it's 4 pooper info laugh.gif

The set-up you're showing has been seen here before. Some guys say it works fine for them & others say BTDT....moved it.
If it works for youz guys, good... If not you'll know better next time laugh.gif

Me? I went for the slam-dunk-up-front-I-don't-wanna-do-this-again spot. biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
That seems to be a "conflict of interest" location. Blowing hot air out while the carbs and engine are sucking cool air in...or...sucking hot air and blowing it into the engine would just reduce the cool air they would intake. Also, isn't the fan fairly loud? I have an oil pre-cooler similar to what you have for my VW and the fan pulls air thru the cooler but it's very audible (it's on a thermoswitch so it's not on all the time).

Hmm...I think I'd rather see pictures of the car. That paint looks NICE!
E. Fry
Yea that was Dave out last night on the first drive since the new motor went in. I didn't get to go last night but Dave called me with much excitement. He says it flys!
hey JP I am going to put my cooler up front GT style soon, but we have to try this first on Dave's 'cause he doesn't want to cut his pretty car.
Triaddave
yes, you may have heard the car yesterday. i drove it for the first time in over a year. it's a screamer! great responce and pick up. it's star wars at 4000rpm.i romped on it in third and it broke loose for a second,got the heart pumping....more to come.
rhodyguy
from what i can see the engine bay detail turned out sharp smilie_pokal.gif . chris runs that same setup on his red car, right?

k
Triaddave
chris has a simular set up minus the cooler.the hoses on his car exit to the front where mine comes out on the left side. by the way, the fan is really quite.it's a nice set up i think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.