Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are all distributor points plates created equal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
I'm rebuilding the disty for a 73 2.0. The points plates are rusty and the ground strap is broken.

I've got a nice points plate in stock from a 1.7 and was considering using that one.

Will this cause me any problems?

Thanks!

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Why not try to save this one? Soak it in apple cider vinegar to remove the rust, then give it a thin coat of oil.
IronHillRestorations
They used to be available new. I had a couple NOS ones, let me check
914Sixer
NLA for some time. Uses VW Type 311.905.227 points plate. NOT listed in the PET. Bosch 1 237 110 161 000 (152) This is how I repaired mine. AA has reproductions.
bdstone914
@saigon71
' date='Apr 19 2020, 07:24 AM' post='2805928']
I'm rebuilding the disty for a 73 2.0. The points plates are rusty and the ground strap is broken.

I've got a nice points plate in stock from a 1.7 and was considering using that one.

Will this cause me any problems?

Thanks!

Click to view attachment
[/quote]

I have many parts distributors and can pull a good one. As a back up clean tours,an resoldier the ground strap.
I have one soaking now
Bruce
saigon71
I cleaned up another set I had laying around and installed a new ground strap. Thank you for all the replies. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.