Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Sway Bar Reinforcement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BENBRO02
I see there are two types of front sway bar reinforcements. The round type and the big 914-6 gt type. Can I use the round one even if I plan to trackcross the car occasionally or should I go for the large one like Mad Dogs Motorsports sells?

Thanks in advance,

Ben Broker
bdstone914
@BENBRO02
' date='Apr 19 2020, 08:59 AM' post='2805963']
I see there are two types of front sway bar reinforcements. The round type and the big 914-6 gt type. Can I use the round one even if I plan to trackcross the car occasionally or should I go for the large one like Mad Dogs Motorsports sells?

Thanks in advance,

Ben Broker
[/quote]

I have a new Mad dog reinforcement I am not going to use. Some opinions are that it is more than needed. I personally have never seen one crack in that area. I dont see a need to reinforce that much area.
Bruce
mepstein
The large MD one can be cut down to a medium size if you want.
Mikey914
The 914LTD ones are thicker gauge metal In stock or buy from Brad at 914LTD

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/9...unt-bracket-set
BENBRO02
Deleted
BENBRO02
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Apr 19 2020, 12:42 PM' post='2805984']
@BENBRO02
' date='Apr 19 2020, 08:59 AM' post='2805963']

Thanks in advance,

Ben Broker
[/quote]

I have a new Mad dog reinforcement I am not going to use. Some opinions are that it is more than needed. I personally have never seen one crack in that area. I dont see a need to reinforce that much area.
Bruce
[/quote]

@bdstone914
If you want to sell them let me know how much you want.
brant
I ripped mine out on the black car
When it used to be a race car
About a 4 inch tear

New racecar has a nice patch and also a bushing and zerk

You can use a smaller patch if you reinforce it before it tears

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.