Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: door lock tumbler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
davesprinkle
I need to replace my driver's door lock tumbler. Do you have one available? Please PM me or respond to this thread. Thanks.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Apr 19 2020, 03:29 PM) *

I need to replace my driver's door lock tumbler. Do you have one available? Please PM me or respond to this thread. Thanks.

Do you need just the wafers or the cylinder that holds the wafers?
davesprinkle
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Apr 19 2020, 12:36 PM) *

QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Apr 19 2020, 03:29 PM) *

Do you need just the wafers or the cylinder that holds the wafers?

I need the cylinder.
mepstein
I have one. PM me your address and I'll send it out.
@davesprinkle
davesprinkle
Mepstein sent a cylinder. Thanks, Mark!

The wafers (tumblers) are worn. Does anyone know of a source for replacements? Thanks in advance.
saigon71
Dave:

I don't know a source for replacements, but I can send another cylinder if you think it would help piece enought good wafers together.

Just let me know.

Bob
mepstein
Tweet/Dan used to sell new parts but he's disappeared. I searched a lot for new parts but I never found a source. The wafers from a glove box lock are usually in new condition.
davesprinkle
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 24 2020, 04:09 AM) *

Dave:

I don't know a source for replacements, but I can send another cylinder if you think it would help piece enought good wafers together.

Just let me know.

Bob

Bob, thanks, that's a generous offer. But I'll let you keep that cylinder. My goal is to bring the locks back to factory fresh. So that means new blanks and hopefully new tumblers.
mepstein
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Apr 24 2020, 10:54 AM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 24 2020, 04:09 AM) *

Dave:

Just let me know.

Bob

Bob, thanks, that's a generous offer. But I'll let you keep that cylinder. My goal is to bring the locks back to factory fresh. So that means new blanks and hopefully new tumblers.

Mark-914rubber talked about making new wafers. I think there is a market. The 911 guys need them too.
@Mikey914
Mikey914
I just got back from the picking up the Sheridan molds I'l move these to the top of the list Pretty sure we can have tooling done in about 6 weeks. Production wil lbe shortly after. I'll start up a thread as soon as I look at may drawings. I think they are mostly complete.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.