Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear soft brake lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigkensteele
As the subject inquires, can this be done?
jonferns
Did mine today mostly from under the car. Was able to reach down through the drain funnel hole in the body with a screwdriver to slide the clips off, the rest was done from underneath.
BeatNavy
Yes, I did it. But you need to be a contortionist to some degree, and I vaguely remember (it was a few years ago) barely being able to get one movement on a wrench. So yes, not easy, but it can be done.
mepstein
I did it, along with the engine bay brake hard lines with the engine in the car. Just don't put a time limit or expectation on yourself and you will be fine.
bigkensteele
I was almost hoping everyone would say the motor needs to come out. I already have the suspension off, so dropping it wouldn't be too bad right now. But I guess I will try it your way. :-(
rgalla9146
It's easy.
Snip the old hose off right at the fitting attached to the chassis.
Place your 11mm crows foot wrench on the fitting above the bracket and block it to keep it from rotating.
Use a deep 14mm socket on a long extension to rotate the hose fitting off
the hard line nut.
Use a flat screwdriver to lever the clip off the fitting.
Lay the flat of the screwdriver at the open end of the clip and lever it off against the chassis
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.