Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upper dash and gauges done
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thunderchief
My car came with a 911 upper dash and gauges that were cool but ratty and needed a lot of tlc. I pulled the gauges out, labeling the dozens of wires and worked on them. Hours of sanding, primer, paint and clear coat turned out really nice. I filled and sanded the upper dash with the same paint procedure with satin black paint and voila! I think the end product came out really sharp. I'm digging the way it looks especially with the Prototipo steering wheel.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Looks great
ndfrigi
nice and beautiful! Congratulations!
Literati914
..I like the before better!

nah, just kiddin'!! looks great!

RickS
Yowza! Great work.
Blue6
Nice work. Always better when you do it yourself.. first.gif
porschetub
Nicely done,with the gauges cleaned out and bezels painted it makes a big difference because you are looking @ them all the time beerchug.gif .
Thunderchief
The idea for the silver color for the bezels came from a member here. I saw a pic a while back and really liked the way it added a little flair to the gauge cluster. I've gotten so much info and so many ideas from all of you so thank you!
abes914
Wow! That look sharp!

Good job!
Mueller
Great work.
wysri9
That looks REALLY sharp - great job!

Did you dismantle the gauges to paint them? I am just contemplating sending mine away to be refurbished, but maybe I can paint the bezels myself ??
Thunderchief
My first choice was to pull them apart but in the end I decided to leave them on. I sanded them down, taped them up really well and sprayed them. It turned out great but even with all the tape I still had to clean up the glass with some solvent.
wysri9
QUOTE(Thunderchief @ Apr 19 2020, 10:25 PM) *

My first choice was to pull them apart but in the end I decided to leave them on. I sanded them down, taped them up really well and sprayed them. It turned out great but even with all the tape I still had to clean up the glass with some solvent.

Thats good news! I will give it a go. The refurb cost was not insignificant and at this stage of the rebuild the money pot is looking a bit empty.... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.