Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NineMotoring LIVE - Saturdays @ 1:00 PM (ET)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevegm
This week - We are joining QuaranteenerFest this Saturday. Details coming soon.

This week we are virtual "touring" [url=http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=307290]bbrock's 914 build.

_____

In tomorrow's episode of Build Talk LIVE we are planning to air part of the Southern California Drive LIVE.

We have moved the "show" to Zoom, and are airing it on Facebook Live. We think this will help with the quality of the video.

Plus we will be touring Joe_average13's 914 project, in all of its metal glory.

Join us tomorrow (Saturday, May 2nd) at 1:00 pm (ET) on Facebook Live - Facebook.com/NineMotoring

______

NEXT EPISODE:
Joe Cruise’s 914 Build - Saturday, May 2nd at 1:00 pm (ET)
This Saturday we are taking an in-depth look at Joe_average13’s build. It should be a great episode. See you Saturday.

Facebook - Facebook.com/NineMotoring
YouTube - Nine Motoring’s YouTube Channel

——

The YouTube link to the first episode is - https://youtu.be/vV-dR98A6AI

——

So many Porsche events cancelled this year. I couldn’t take it any longer. So I figured - how about an online virtual “tour” of some of the coolest Porsche projects around?

The first one is this Saturday - Ben’s (MB911) 914-6 conversion

We are going to do a live online “tour” of Ben’s beautiful 914-6 conversion this Saturday, at 1:00 pm (ET). Tune in to see the car up close and personal. Ben is going to walk us through the build and answer some questions about the project.

I think we are going to use Facebook Live. And I’m also going to record and post it on NineMotoring.com.

I will post details about how you can join the tour in this thread.

Here is Ben’s build thread - BUILD THREAD

I’ve got one lined up for each Saturday for the next month, and will post details here.

NINEMOTORING LIVE - BUILD TALK
Saturday, April 25th - Ben’s (MB911) 914-6 Conversion

Projects coming soon:
A daily driver 912 you have to see to believe
Michael’s (Cairo94507) Original 914-6
Joe’s (joe average13) 914 project

If you’re interested in doing a “tour” of your project, just shoot me a PM.
mepstein
Sounds like a great idea. beerchug.gif
JOEPROPER
This sounds great. Next best thing to seeing it in person. I guess.
I'm not a big facebookers, so I may need detailed instructions on how to tune in. Thanks for doing this!
mb911
Joe same here.. Hopefully Steve and I can get it figured out..
PanelBilly
Why so early in the morning. Since I stoped working I need to sleep in till 8 (pst). That doesn’t give me time to pee and fix my coffee!

stevegm
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 20 2020, 11:36 PM) *

Why so early in the morning. Since I stoped working I need to sleep in till 8 (pst). That doesn’t give me time to pee and fix my coffee!

My mistake. It is 1:00 pm (ET). I fixed it above.
Andyrew
Might I suggest doing a youtube live instead?

You can easily put an embedded video in the forum.

The one below is pretty much always live. Ignore the content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qap5aO4i9A

The con is not everyone has a youtube account so if they wanted to chat in the video they would have to have an account. But the same goes for facebook.....

Also Thanks Steve for setting this up looks like fun!!!
Cairo94507
Looking forward to seeing these come together. Hopefully my car will be ready soon. beerchug.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 21 2020, 10:23 AM) *

Looking forward to seeing these come together. Hopefully my car will be ready soon. beerchug.gif

An official unveiling, live, sounds fun.
stevegm
I think we’ve got this figured out. I will post information on how to join in tomorrow.
stevegm
If you are planning to join us, PM me and I’ll send you a link.
seanpaulmc
icon_bump.gif

Checking to see if this is happening today.
Will send a new PM.

Thanks,
JOEPROPER
Is this still happening? I sent a PM but haven't heard back yet.
mb911
Yes planning on it.. Hoping the wifi works well.
stevegm
The Live tour of Ben’s car today will be at - Facebook.com/NineMotoring

Sorry for the delay in getting the link out. We have been working on technical issues trying to see which system works best with the WiFi, etc. We are going to go with Facebook Live. We will begin at 1:00 pm eastern time.

Fingers crossed. :-) Some new Facebook, etc. functionality that is coming together apparently isn’t fully available just yet. So I hope this goes well.
JeffBowlsby
Some of us don’t do FB. How about another or even multiple different platforms next time...Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, or...?
mb911
We talked about zoom as I have a pro account and I think Steve does as well.
JOEPROPER
So, is this at 1pm or 1:20??
stevegm
The software we are using scheduled it for 1:20 pm, and it won't let us reschedule it. So we are going to sit tight and start at 1:20 pm.

Thanks for your patience.
JOEPROPER
Hmm. Next week??? Same bat time, same bat channel??
PanelBilly
Nice to see Ben and Steve live. Thanks for doing this
mb911
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 25 2020, 10:07 AM) *

Nice to see Ben and Steve live. Thanks for doing this

I hope it turned out ok
stevegm
Thank you Ben for showing us your 914-6, and talking about your 914 business. I really appreciate your help in getting through the technical issues the past couple days.

The video is on - facebook.com/NineMotoring

I will also post it on Youtube, and put a link to it in this thread.

Join us next Saturday at 1:00 pm (ET). We've got a pretty cool build lined up to show you (and hopefully I should be able to improve the technology this week).
Cairo94507
Hi Steve, Thanks. That was cool. It's always nice to see people with a passion for our cars. Ben is definitely a major player in our World and he deserves the credit for the outstanding products he makes for our cars. You taking the time to do all of this is just another example of the kind of people we have here. Thanks so much. Michael
ValcoOscar
Thank you Steve and Ben for doing this.
This was my 1st facebook event ever.
Looking forward to more.

Oscar
stevegm
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 25 2020, 07:02 PM) *

Thank you Steve and Ben for doing this.
This was my 1st facebook event ever.
Looking forward to more.

Oscar

Thanks. Mine too. :-) We will see you next week.
bbrock
Thanks Ben and Steve for doing this. I enjoyed it very much. Really fun to put a face and voice to Ben's awesome build and someone who has been one of my best mentors.

I was underwhelmed by the FB platform though. I couldn't find a place to open a chat window for example. I would add my vote to consider moving to Zoom for future vids. It's a much better platform IMO.

Thanks again and looking forward to the next one. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
I just used Zoom (I know I am always behind the curve) for the first time the other day and it seemed pretty easy to use and the signal was good the whole time. beerchug.gif
stevegm
Thanks for all of your feedback. I use Zoom daily in my “day job,” with hundreds of attendees. It works well, although there are security issues. I really like Zoom.

We chose not to use Zoom last Saturday for a multitude of reasons, a primary one of which is the fact that it truncates the horizontal size of the video to 2/3 of its original size when streamed to platforms like Facebook and YouTube. That would have made it more difficult to see. There are ways around the issues, but they are challenging. We needed a simple system the first time.

Most of the issues on Saturday centered around wifi/cellular Saturday, I think. Which is an ongoing problem as we do these from people’s garages. And I also want to develop a system that allows me to do them mobile as well, as I have some lined up where we will do a physical tour of a shop, and stream them.

Please continue to send me feedback. I really appreciate it. I had a couple good conversations yesterday with folks that had great ideas on how we can improve it. And we are working on ways to improve this week. driving.gif
tailwind22
I too thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks Steve and Ben for your efforts. Look forward to future episodes, they are a welcome departure in these strange times.
preach
No Facebook here. I look forward to a youtube link.
stevegm
The YouTube link to the first episode is - https://youtu.be/vV-dR98A6AI

Make sure to subscribe for future episodes.
stevegm
We have been working to improve the quality and format of the live “show.” Steve Schleif has really helped a lot and I think we have a new system that should really work well. Thanks Steve!

Beginning this weekend they will be live-streamed to Facebook.

NEXT EPISODE:
Joe Cruise’s 914 Build - Saturday, May 2nd at 1:00 pm (ET)
This Saturday we are taking an in-depth look at Joe_average13’s build. It should be a great episode. See you Saturday.

Facebook - Facebook.com/NineMotoring
YouTube - Nine Motoring’s YouTube Channel
stevegm
Double post
stevegm
In tomorrow's episode of Build Talk LIVE we are planning to air part of the Southern California Drive LIVE.

We have moved the "show" to Zoom, and are airing it on Facebook Live. We think this will help with the quality of the video.

Plus we will be touring Joe_average13's 914 project, in all of its metal glory.

Join us tomorrow (Saturday, May 2nd) at 1:00 pm (ET) on Facebook Live - Facebook.com/NineMotoring

PM if you have any questions about how to join us.
stevegm
Live now - http://Facebook.com/NineMotoring

davehg
That was fun to watch, and nice to put a face to Ben’s name. I’ve got two of his exhausts plus the heat exchangers and oil tank, and the quality of his work is great, so fun to see his own project.
stevegm
This week - We are joining QuaranteenerFest this Saturday. Details coming soon.

This week we are virtual "touring" [url=http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=307290]bbrock's 914 build.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.