Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hope for the future
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
I know for many in the Porsche world it really sucks right now. Even if you aren't sick or have family that is sick your job or business is suffering. Those of us who have dedicated our lives to the marque can take heart in an experience I had today. I was at the shop, alone, packing and shipping and looked up and saw the Porsche flag flying. It said to me that no matter what, as long as that flag is flying, the show must go on. Take a moment, salute the flag, give thanks that you have a mission in life, the mission of the pursuit of Porsche. Better days are ahead, I promise you that.
Tdskip
Hang in there - pretty tough market for vintage car dealers now unfortunately.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Apr 22 2020, 03:22 PM) *

Hang in there - pretty tough market for vintage car dealers now unfortunately.

We are managing, luckily parts is a part of what we do so we just shifted gears, less money for more work, but money is still flowing. But for many in the industry that I've talked to the luck isn't there and some shops may not survive this.
bretth
I'm down with that. Only problem is that my car is stored in Catskill right now. If I send you a couple thousand stamps can you drop it in the mail for me? smile.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(bretth @ Apr 22 2020, 06:15 PM) *

I'm down with that. Only problem is that my car is stored in Catskill right now. If I send you a couple thousand stamps can you drop it in the mail for me? smile.gif

How many pieces do you think I would have to chop it into to utilize the flat rate boxes? I once cut up a GTI into about 20 chunks, they had to be small enough for me to lift into a dumpster.
It's probably a better time to be in TX than NY.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.