Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking at the positives
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Both my kids are home. They are sitting on the sofa together playing a game on the wii and laughing it up. They are 22 and 24 years old, usually each 500 miles away in opposite directions, so this doesn't happen often.
Spoke
I quite enjoy when my 30 and 33 year old daughters are home with their friends and grandkids. Yeah baby.
cary
Enjoy, cherish every moment. You're looking at your lifes work.
Jett
This thread is the best thing I’ve read in awhile.
smile.gif!
Costa05
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 22 2020, 09:37 PM) *

Both my kids are home. They are sitting on the sofa together playing a game on the wii and laughing it up. They are 22 and 24 years old, usually each 500 miles away in opposite directions, so this doesn't happen often.

Amen. Trying to do the same thing with my 21 and 22 year old daughters 900 miles apart. Youngest missing out on U of A graduation ceremony in May too . Staying strong!
mepstein
QUOTE(Costa05 @ Apr 23 2020, 12:23 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 22 2020, 09:37 PM) *

Amen. Trying to do the same thing with my 21 and 22 year old daughters 900 miles apart. Youngest missing out on U of A graduation ceremony in May too . Staying strong!

Yea, I feel for the kids. My daughter finished her college senior year today. At the school where we live and work, the high school seniors never came back from spring break. No in person goodbyes, no graduation walk across the stage in front of parents. The faculty is packing their dorm rooms and shipping everything home.

campbellcj
My son is a senior in HS and his whole 2nd term as well as college visits and all that got totally jacked. The kids just left school one day and most probably didn't realize they likely will never see one another again, besides closes friends who choose to get together over the summer once finally permitted to. No real Spring Break. No prom, no grad night, no graduation ceremony. We count our blessings every day though that we are (partly) still getting paid and are healthy. And that the internet still works.
sixnotfour
first.gif beerchug.gif rolleyes.gif
My 2 boys where Home in January...good times..lost the wrestling match with the oldest..go figure,, drunk.gif
Root_Werks
Haven't had a chance to see my kid in a while. 27 and doing his own thing = good. It'll be good to see him again once things get back to "normal".
ConeDodger
Youngest, Nicho is home and many of you know him as the guy who took a 944 to a WCR 914 event. He was supposed to be going to Barcelona this summer for an architecture internship. Which reminds me, I need to call UNLV and see where the refunds are as I paid for it. Since he is technically in school, I get to see his work and it brings tears to my eyes to see someone I taught to tie his shoes ‘render’ up a Veterans Memorial on a computer. Now if I could get my haircut!!!
AZBanks
My oldest son is a senior in high school and my middle son is a sophomore.
Their school is planning prom, a senior trip, and graduation ceremony in late June so the seniors have the chance to experience a little bit of normalcy(is that even a word? If not, I just made it up) and the parents get to see them walk across the stage and get their diplomas.

My middle son is bummed because track season was cancelled and he was on his way to breaking several school records and placing really well at state. I'm bummed for him but I really feel bad for all the senior athletes for all spring sports all across the country.
Sway Bar
Both my kids are home and they are just driving me nuts....wait they are only 11yrs and 15yrs lol-2.gif

This current period does allow one to reflect on family and what really is important. For those that can, enjoy it for what it's worth.
Tdskip
Enjoy the time
campbellcj
QUOTE(Sway Bar @ Apr 23 2020, 10:53 AM) *

Both my kids are home and they are just driving me nuts....wait they are only 11yrs and 15yrs lol-2.gif

Oh boy the abrupt switch to the online "home school" thing has been majorly traumatic for my wife and to a lesser degree our 12 year-old. What a mess. Fortunately the 18 yo has no issues with distance learning and is highly independent as far as schoolwork.

914 content - I saw a silver 914-4 drive by my office in Westlake yesterday! First random 914 sighting in an extremely long while.
ctc911ctc
6 weeks ago it was my wife, my 18year old Senior and the 914.

Now I have all 4 kids (25. 23, 20 and the 18 year old) back in the house and of course the 914.

My son will miss all of the senior year stuff - BUT- he could not be more pleased, more time for him to weld and work/drive the 914. and I could not be happier.

One day he _may_ miss the time at HS, I can barely remember my Senior Prom. But I do remember taking my date to Lake Michigan in the 914 after the prom!

This too will pass, both the good and the bad........
mepstein
My son got a new job in LA so he'll be heading west in a couple weeks. My daughter just got a job working at the school where we work. Just hired today but she had done an internship here in the past. It's not her first choice but I'm happy she's employed her first day out of college. She wants to move back to Maine where she was going to school but agreed it would be hard to do right now. The dog is happy because he loves to sleep with her.

StarBear
Yes, best heartwarming stories of the LONGGGG month. Our son is still at work (1 week in, 1 week off, but full pay), as is his wife (telework). We videochat board games. They just bought a house and going through all the seller/agent/insurance stuff before closing soon - keeps them VERY busy and occupied. So happy for them. biggrin.gif
porschetub
My eldest (daughter) is wanting to come home but not happy with taking a ferry trip south or flying for that matter,my son is an IT consultant and is able to work from home and is able to sneak out for rides on his MTB,my daughter on the otherhand is going nuts ,she likes to go for walks but in the capital city it is a bit dicey.
We are due to head into level 3 next Monday but being in retail management she can't return to work until we get back to level 2,we talk on the phone a lot and email each other....feel sorry for her .
Our government has done a great job managing this crisis ,we are @ 15 or deaths with most of them being elderly folks with pre-existing medical conditions for a country of 5 million people the harsh measures/restrictions imposed have worked...proud to be a Kiwi.
Stay safe and well all.
infraredcalvin
To sure if this fits the subject, but it made me happy today. Coming home from work a little early, I decided to swap my dd for the 914. In my area, lots of Jones trying to keep up with the others, so any newer Porsche doesn’t give a 2nd look at my 914 (probably dont even know what it is), but as I came closer to home I saw a 66 conv mustang with 4 teens in it, they all craned their necks to get a good look at my car wooshing by, I threw up a hand they all waved back with thumbs up.... who says the young don’t appreciate old cars!!! We have hope!
Dion
This is a pleasant thread. I’m very happy my kids are home & safe.
Son is 18, daughter is 21. Both attended same college in Virginia. Their being home made me realize how much I missed their company. The college is working on some sort of ceremony for graduation. My daughter is a graduating. See what pans out.
She’s polishing up her resume’. Be well & safe all. Cherish the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.