Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring work done - lights working now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Daryl32
Well I am down to the last of the fixes for the 73 V8 chevy swapped car.

Ran a used wiring harness through the car and connected the last of the wires. Head lights and front running lights.

Car had sat for 8 plus years or so before coming to me. After connecting the headlights and front light thing were not as hoped. The parking lights came on but the head lights would not.

I pulled the fuse panel back out of the car along with the light switch and the fog light switch. I found two wires on the fuse panel I had in the wrong place. I took the switch apart cleaned it up and 1000 grit sanded the contacts and regreased it.

When reassembling everything I checked the wires on for the switch before installing it. I found that the hot wire from the ignition switch " run position " to the light switch was not working. So I jumped the light switch from another ignition on power I had installed. Run for engine out put works in the ignition switch.

End result all the lights work except for the blinkers. Thinking they are missing hot for the ignition also?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX_RLvkssq8&t=17s

Have to say that working under the dash of a 914 is at the top of my list for things I had rather not do! headbang.gif
Mueller
Are those LED bulbs ?
Daryl32
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 22 2020, 09:53 PM) *

Are those LED bulbs ?

If you are asking about the front markers -
No just new. I cleaned all the grounds and the eyes on the ground wires before putting them together is all.

They do look different though?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.