Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pebble Beach concours cancelled
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
I gotta believe the Quail and other Monterey events will follow suit. Sad, but safety first. To paraphrase my neighbor Governor Cuomo (who's a huge car guy btw) "not going to car week is a bummer...but it's not being dead." Blunt, but true.

Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
av-943.gif
rgalla9146
Ian in one of his daily brifings he used driving flat out at 'red line' as an
analogy to the testing that is needed to make progress in New Yorks struggle.
At the time I thought, 'hmmm sounds like he likes cars'
iankarr
Yep. His private home is less than a mile from me (but what a difference a mile makes). He's got a bunch of cars. Mostly american muscle. I ran into him (pun intended) a while back at a local restaurant and we had a nice chat about them.

Check out this piece the Tiimes ran...

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/29/nyregion/29cars.html
914e
"Sandra Lee, has said that she realized their relationship was serious when Mr. Cuomo finally let her drive the Corvette and the GTO. "

Yep car guy.

Then again I fear for the life of anyone that puts the smallest scratch in my daughter's bug.
iankarr
And now they've broken up, so maybe she ground a few gears?
cassmcentee
Dang, bad news for me...
I setup Jaguar displays at Quail and the Pits at Seca
Watching my income quickly dissapear
914sgofast2
So there goes the 2020 Monterey Car Week. There likely won’t be any WerkesReunion, Concorso Italiano, Concours d’Lemons, or vintage races either. sad.gif
Olympic 914
The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, in July, is up in the air right now. Probably won't happen. They are already talking about have the fireworks at the Point without spectators. ( at least at the Point)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.