Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Stay At Home" Finds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StarBear
Finally dug out the boxes in the back corner of the garage that I stuffed there when I moved into my current house in 1981. Forgotten 914 parts (photos) - the original tool kit (had been wondering what happened to it), the original jack (ditto), 2 VG relay boards and a set of key blanks (kind of remember getting the dealer to throw them in when I bought the car). Lots of other oddball stuff, but those are the more thrilling finds.
Root_Werks
Found a pair of Modular Fuchs, 17x9's cut from original 16x6 centers and use BBS halves.
Unobtanium-inc
We have a strange rash of returns, people are opening boxes that have been sitting un-opened for years. One guy bought some 356 turn signals from us in 2018, just opened the box (it was probably buried in the garage) and said they aren't the right ones. Ok, we said, here is your money back. It's just funny, I guess a lot of stuff goes un-opened.
Root_Werks
Found a set of Solex 40P11's bumped to 44mm rebuilt by Bieker himself, 13 years ago.

abes914
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Apr 23 2020, 11:44 AM) *

We have a strange rash of returns, people are opening boxes that have been sitting un-opened for years. One guy bought some 356 turn signals from us in 2018, just opened the box (it was probably buried in the garage) and said they aren't the right ones. Ok, we said, here is your money back. It's just funny, I guess a lot of stuff goes un-opened.

Funny you mentioned that. I just recently opened boxes that i bought from previous years group buys. Fortunately, they are all correct and parts i needed/want. Now i have spare time to work on them.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 23 2020, 12:29 PM) *

Found a set of Solex 40P11's bumped to 44mm rebuilt by Bieker himself, 13 years ago.

Solid shaft!
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Apr 23 2020, 02:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 23 2020, 12:29 PM) *

Solid shaft!

Yup!

Have 2 or three 40PII-4's as stock that are split shaft. Also all rebuilt by Bieker. Inherited from a buddy of mine last year. Going to toss them all up on The Samba, see what I get.

Also found a pair of 6 inch horns.
porschetub
Not because of being forced to stay at home but recently went to my large shed @ the rear of the property and decided to clean out and organize parts and put in plastic tubs for when I move.
Found a real mixture of crap I was hoarding and chucked it out but found a lot of great parts I had purchased from oversea's for the 914....some real handy stuff I honestly had forgotten about.
mepstein
I found a stainless steel front bumper. Actually I found a box and upon opening it, found I owned a stainless steel bumper. I remember buying it from Coondog but when it arrived I carried it down to storage and completely forgot I had it. screwy.gif
skaufmann
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 23 2020, 05:51 PM) *

I found a stainless steel front bumper. Actually I found a box and upon opening it, found I owned a stainless steel bumper. I remember buying it from Coondog but when it arrived I carried it down to storage and completely forgot I had it. screwy.gif

Uh... is it for sale???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.