Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT FENDERS FLARES
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DMAYHALL
Has anyone seen these flares. I've talked to the owner of this car and they were put on by the PO. They are fiberglass. This is a clean install !!!
SirAndy
What am i missing here, they look just like screwed on fiberglass GT flares to me?

That's nothing new, plenty of cars in the Paddock that have the same setup:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=45
idea.gif

IPB Image
jd74914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 23 2020, 06:28 PM) *

What am i missing here, they look just like screwed on fiberglass GT flares to me?

These ones are clean. Notice how the cap screws are all recessed. Very interesting-seems like way too much work for fiberglass flares but to each their own.
cary
Pretty common on track cars where they're "trading paint".
DMAYHALL
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Apr 23 2020, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 23 2020, 06:28 PM) *

These ones are clean. Notice how the cap screws are all recessed. Very interesting-seems like way too much work for fiberglass flares but to each their own.

BINGO!!!! They look like Bushwackers but they are not ? Who sells this flare ? or was it a custom job ?
sixnotfour
steel riveted on...
911GT2
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 23 2020, 03:28 PM) *

That's nothing new, plenty of cars in the Paddock that have the same setup:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=45
idea.gif

IPB Image

The shape is much nicer and they have not as big a lip.
SirAndy
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Apr 24 2020, 02:04 AM) *
The shape is much nicer and they have not as big a lip.

The lip can be trimmed to any shape you want. The recess for the screws could be custom too, all you need is to lay some extra material on there.

But i agree, they do look nice ...
sunglasses.gif
DMAYHALL
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 23 2020, 11:42 PM) *

steel riveted on...

Cleanest bolt on ever ! did you start out as just a temp install or was that always the plan ???
sixnotfour
QUOTE(DMAYHALL @ Apr 24 2020, 10:47 AM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 23 2020, 11:42 PM) *

steel riveted on...

Cleanest bolt on ever ! did you start out as just a temp install or was that always the plan ???

Gary Chapmans 914, track car, he sold it with them that way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.