Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repo SnowFlakes / Cookie Cutters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
Always liked the snowflake rims. I'd get a set for my Bug, but 7inches wide is just to wide for a stock Bug.
jcd914
Never heard of them being called "Snowflakes" before, always been "Cookie Cutters" as long as I have known them.

Does anyone know the bolt pattern for the 4 bolt version?
VW used both 4 x 100 and 4 x 130 bolt patterns.
The 40mm offset of the 4 bolt wheel might allow a 7 to clear on the rear of a 914.

Jim
Chris914n6
I discovered these a few months ago after thinking it would be awesome to have a set of 17" cookies for a couple years.

I'm waiting for weights to be published. If they are close to the 25lbs of most factory wheels I'll stick with the Cayenne wheels I grabbed for $100 until I score some 911 twists cheap.
Cairo94507
First thing I thought of was a generational thing..... lol-2.gif I have always known these as cookie cutters as well. beerchug.gif
preach
Cookie cutter. smile.gif
ericoneal
Question: are the 15x7.0 et23.3 the same size and 2.0 Fuchs?
burton73
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 24 2020, 10:11 AM) *

First thing I thought of was a generational thing..... lol-2.gif I have always known these as cookie cutters as well. beerchug.gif

agree.gif

But I am 67

Bob B
sixnotfour
made in China...got to call em something different..And when I was 17, the local junkyard called then Snowflakes...So there....
porschetub
These were called snowflakes,factory wheel on mk2 VW Golfs and other models.
Click to view attachment.
I don't know what the 17'' version would look like on our cars ,16" is about the max IMO.
914werke
agree.gif
Chris914n6
22 lbs for the 17x7, not great but not bad.

$110 to ship to Vegas, making them about the same total cost as other retailers except maybe sales tax.

Sizes & offsets
Literati914
QUOTE(ericoneal @ Apr 24 2020, 12:45 PM) *

Question: are the 15x7.0 et23.3 the same size and 2.0 Fuchs?

Samba's add says ^ , but the website says 15x7 is et40 ... which yes, would be the same as original 2.0L Fuchs.

I contacted the seller via email today, he's not chatty.. very short answers (that always makes me nervous).. but he said the 15" wheels weigh 15lbs., he varified that $450 is 4 wheels (so Samba is waaay cheaper than the website @$149 ea.) and I got that they are in a warehouse in Fla. .. was quoted $65 to ship to Dallas, TX.
914werke
what about the center cap / hole size can you use OE caps or are you stuck with their cap?
Literati914

I was thinking a P-crest decal (if they exist in an appropriate size) over the caps that come with 'em.

1adam12
The company is called Klassik Rader under HPD Wheels located in Florida. Would be best if you contact them directly for specs. They are on instagram under klassikrader and their website is www.klassikrader.com
Craigers17
Has anyone bought a set of the 15" 4x130's yet? I've always been a fan of the cookies, and with a 4 lug 7" option, I think these are awesome....especially for $450/set. My only question is has anyone tried them on a narrow body car yet? The 40mm offset looks about right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.