Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recent purchase '73 2.0 underside pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ampex351
Here's underside pics of the '73 I just bought. I think it looks pretty good overall.
Looking for your input if you seen anything unusual or needs attention. Why is the exhaust red? Is that normal?

Thanks guys!Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ValcoOscar
I like what I see so far. smile.gif
However, are there photos of the longs, hell hole, trunk?

Red heat exchangers????? idea.gif Not stock.

Oscar

Ampex351
QUOTE(Ampex351 @ Apr 24 2020, 03:50 PM) *

Here's underside pics of the '73 I just bought. I think it looks pretty good overall.
Looking for your input if you seen anything unusual or needs attention. Why is the exhaust red? Is that normal?

Thanks guys!Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Battery tray has very light surface rust. Easy fix. Hell hole fine. Both trunks have a little surface rust. I can fix that easily.
914_7T3
QUOTE(Ampex351 @ Apr 24 2020, 02:12 PM) *

Thanks guys!

Battery tray has very light surface rust. Easy fix. Hell hole fine. Both trunks have a little surface rust. I can fix that easily.

Sounds like a winner! Welcome to the wonderful world of 914 ownership and an original '73 2.0 as well. first.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Ampex351 @ Apr 24 2020, 04:50 PM) *

Why is the exhaust red?

Cause' everyone knows that you pick up 5 HP if you paint it red. lol-2.gif

I'd laugh harder but I'm a fan of red engine tin in a red car rolleyes.gif

Looks pretty good but you definately have some rust in the Frunk tub. Pull the rocker panels and take a close look there. Double check hell hole.

welcome.png
Cairo94507
That car actually, aside from the artistic license some PO took, looks really nice. Check all of the rubber suspension components for age/crumbling and the suspension attachment points for rust or damage. Wheel bearings, etc.
I would clean it up as best you can and keep it stock-ish. Maybe toss the KYB rear shocks for some nice Bilsteins. Looks nice. Drive and enjoy. beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Ampex351 @ Apr 24 2020, 02:12 PM) *

Thanks guys!

GREAT, so far...How about longs???

Oscar
bkrantz
I had the same exhaust coloration on mine. Plus red paint on the valve covers, transaxle, air cooling duct, intake runners, and miscellaneous other parts. altogether at least 100 hp added.
JRust
Congrats on the 914. Looks like a solid 73 2.0. Besides the 914-6 this is the model to have. I'm just up in Albany of you ever want to take a look at another. I'm restoring a 73 2.0 right now myself.
Ampex351
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Apr 24 2020, 10:08 PM) *

I had the same exhaust coloration on mine. Plus red paint on the valve covers, transaxle, air cooling duct, intake runners, and miscellaneous other parts. altogether at least 100 hp added.

Thanks, I appreciate your words. Maybe we can get our cars together someday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.