Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Molding Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
The markings on my windshield side moldings were polished off. Is there any way to tell which side is which? The only thing I can tell by test fitting is that the molding may be a tad long along the A-pillar if installed on the incorrect side.

Help confused24.gif
Mikey914
They really only fit correctly one way. But they are also stamped L and R in the side if you look closely.
iankarr
agree.gif but I also seem to recall that the L and R stamp don't follow the standard where R is passenger side. I think they're stamped as if you're facing the car. Can someone verify?
Mikey914
I thought they were fro the sides of the car, but now you mention it I'm not sure. Maybe they should have used 1 and 2 like aircraft.
Highland
According to the thread I read L is the passenger side, so they are L and R facing the car.

But as I mentioned my markings have been polished off. Is there any other way to identify? The fit is not obvious to me.
Mikey914
They are not the same leg length. If you lay them in place, and look for correct center clip spacing it should be right. There is more of a bend in the vertical too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.