Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saw one in the wild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
Just after 6 pm tonight I met an early red 914 with rear spoiler heading west on the frontage road beside I-90 between Livingston and Jackson Creek Rd. No chance to get a pic but thought I was seeing a vision. I probably haven't seen one on the road around here in 5 years. Looked to be in nice condition.
preach
Did you check out the panel gaps? lol-2.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 25 2020, 01:30 AM) *

I probably haven't seen one on the road around here in 5 years.

About the same situation around me in the land of vintage American iron and muscle cars. I haven't seen a 914 in the wild for more than 5 years!
shelby/914
Didn't see one in the wild but in the background of a news shot. Was watching the local news (Ch 9 in Denver) while they were doing a live shot outside a hospital and a yellow one drove through the background. Ran it back several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Nope it was really there.

Danny
StarBear
Yep; most have been domesticated by now. Haven't seen one in the wild for 5+ years, either. Used to be one around the block from me, but they moved a while ago.
preach
Last year I saw my first in NH in a really long time. I see them pretty frequently when I am out in San Diego for work, I bet at least once a trip.
bbrock
Saw this car again today and got to talk to the driver briefly. Went to Livingston to pick up 5 gallons of petrol to put in my teener. As I pulled on the frontage road at Livingston, I passed a Montana Whizzer. That is a guy standing full frontal facing the road whizzing away with Johnson in full view. For reasons that are not clear to me, this is not an uncommon sight along the roads around here. confused24.gif That was the most interesting part of the trip until I was near home and pulled over to pick up our paper at the frontage road just as the red 914 pulled off I-90 to turn onto the same road. I pulled up next to him and told him I had a 914 too but I'm not sure he could hear over his engine. He said this was his fantasy drive and started telling me the route he likes to drive. Then a car pulled up behind and he had to go. Good to know he is a regular so hopefully we'll cross paths again while I'm driving mine. Sadly, I had left my cell phone at home so again, no pic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.